1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st first husky!!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Travis Thompson, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 yamaha xs750 special
    image.jpeg i just bought a 91 husky wxe 260 in pretty good shape for 750$ was this a good buy? It just needs a water pump seal and head gasket which i just ordered...What exactly is the power valve and what does it do. I plan on dual sporting it just for in town and to get to trails and stuff. Will it work ok for that? thanks!!
    Parfo79 likes this.
  2. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    It uses two orings for a head gasket and one of them is no longer available... What can i use instead. HELP!!! want to ride again
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    If truly unavailible then go to a good bearing and seal company with the old o ring or take the head.
  4. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    ok...ill have to see since not much where i live. The person that had it before me cut some out of headgasket material which blew and caused all the coolant to go into cylinder.

BAD NEWS!!! i just went and inspected the cylinder and head and saw that there were no grooves in top of cylinder for o rings to fit in!! thats why there was a normal head gasket in there!! What should i do now...any ideas...can i buy plain head gasket and cut it out?
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Call someplace like Bills who has been working on these things for 15 years and has parts going back just as far...

http://billshusky.com
  6. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    THE INNER ONE 800044117 $11.78 STILL AVAILABLE <NO ORING GROOVES IN HEAD OR CYLINDER THATS BAD NEWS.
    You really cant easily make a head gasket out of paper without a metal fire ring.Will need to have grooves recut for orings or get a top end.Maybe a aluminum thin gasket with red HI TEMP silicone and let dry good.
  7. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    i have some ultra copper hi temp gasket maker...I guess ill just try that. i dont know why someone would remove the grooves? maybe for higher compression? thanks for the fast response.
  8. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    I think there is a guy on eBay who makes copper head gaskets....don't know if he does custom or not though. Why would the o ring grooves be gone...could the head have been planed?
  9. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    it looks like it might have been but still cant see a good reasoon to do it....im gonna try making my own out of head gasket material from napa. here is a picture of the head and cylinder (i know its dirty havent cleaned it yet)

Attached Files:

10. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Why not get it cut for 2 commonly available O rings? KTM maybe?
  11. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    i might do that later on but since its an old bike and not worth much i might not since there are other things it needs...Any one by chance have a cdi for one of these?? they r no longer available and mine u have to heat with heat gun to get it to work sometimes. And im going to need a rectifier...theres one on ebay right now for 37$ i might have to get. Is there a place to get a wiring diagram?? i plan on putting lights and stuff but need to see how to hook it up
  12. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    What brand is the ignition?
    Motoplat?
  13. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    yah...i just ordered the voltage regulator off ebay but im still gonna need a cdi soon.
  14. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
  15. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    i dont think it has grooves. I thought just the cylinder has them...i might be wrong though
  16. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    go to the automotive side of the world and find copper o-rings fairly common mod for blown hi performance stuff
  17. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    ok.... im gonna play around with different things to see how they work...hopefully i wont have to cut grooves in it
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Cool bike, but just in that period that isn't supported too well anymore. I'd have Raymond at Hall's on speed dial, if I were you.....

Too bad Morel's isn't in business anymore... Joe has a couple of tractor trailers full of old Husky parts stashed. He was the go to Husky dealer in the North east for years.
  19. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    yah i have actually been emailing raymond for a while he has been helpfull. I wonder if i got ahead with grooves in it if i could use o rings?
  20. Travis Thompson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe 260
    Other Motorcycles:
    i just asked raymond and he saId only the head has grooves!!! so i can probably find a head on ebay some time and use that.