1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc First of many desperate pleas...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by giantjoe, Oct 10, 2011.

1. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Hi, I'm just trying to power up my new WR300. I can't figure out how to remove the throttle cable from the slide. I gotta get rid of the throttle stop, and thow the new needle in.

I ride at 5000+ ft average temp is 18C (high 60s F?) I put in the 40 pilot, and have the options of 380, 420,430,and 440 mains. I'm going with the 380. What clip should I put the needle in? 3rd from top?
  2. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I got it. But why do I have a slide that is 5.0 and another in the power up box that is a 4.0?
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Depends on how it was setup and which demographic it's targeted too...usually manufacturer tend to err cautious and set the bike's up on the richer side so that the user doesn't seize the bike up.

Have a look at the Jetting chat sticky's and it will point you in the right direction.
  4. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Try 3rd clip if that's the GAY needle. That's what I'm using on my 250. And you may need to go leaner on the pilot.
  5. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Thanks, it is a bear to start and bogs as soon as I turn the choke off. Won't run unless choked. Haven't touched the air screw yet.
  6. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    What is the air screw set at?
  7. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Don't know. Forgot to check. It should be between 1 and 2 right?
  8. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Why didnt the dealer take the stop out? Did you buy it in the crate?
  9. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    They said it was so they could preserve warrantee, and if I wanted to have warrantee work done to put the thing back in!?
  10. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I managed to get it out, and an initial rejet. This bike is a monster! I need to get it to idle when it isn't choked, but besides that, I think it's close. I only rode it around the block, and did a second gear power wheelie by accident. It was bogging low, then it hit!
  11. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    The air screw, idlescrew, and pilot jet all need to be adjusted to dial in the pilot circuit. There are some links in the jetting chat or jetting database threads that explain how the pilot circuit works. Out on the AS for more air(leaner), in on the AS for less air (richer).
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sounds like you are lean on the pilot jet or running the leaner 5 slide. Might try the 4 slide or richer pilot.
  13. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    That's kind of what I figured (lean pilot). I'll swap slides, then reassess. Thanks for telling me what the different slides do.
  14. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    A good starting point for the air screw is 1 1/2 turns out from seated. Then get it fully warmed up and then try adjusting the idle screw and see if you can get it to idle. When adjusting the idle and AS if you let it idle for too long it will load up and make it harder to get dialed in, so after adjustments ride it to keep it cleaned out. And dont test ride it without tightening the idle screw lock nut, cause it will move. I would start with the #4 slide.
  15. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

That is BS. I am a Husky dealer.