1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st First oil change...just dont wanna do anything stupid

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Jun 21, 2010.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    First size of bolt? I need to pick a socket size up and I dont have access to my manual till day after tom.

And whats an lmp quart? I got a quart of the good stuff from my dealer adn forgot to ask him the correct amount. I remember my owners manual I believe it said 0.7 lmp quart whatever that means. Or is there a sight hole somewhere?
  2. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Depends on what you're riding, but here's my 2 cents :thinking:

Pick up a full rack of metric sockets, you're going to need them sooner or later. 8 thru 14 at a minimum (and it will be one of these)

Depending on the machine, there could be a check screw and a sight window. The window is just for quick confirmation that there is some oil in the machine. The screw should confirm the oil quantity first time around and than I never see a reason the remove the screw again.
    Keep an eye on the sight window and change the oil often!

Basic conversion for volume...Imp times 1.2 = US Standards

.7 Imp times 1.2 = .85 US Quart, confirm with check screw(bike on level ground-not a stand), write it on the wall!
  3. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    I think he's got a 300. That drain plug is 24mm. It's got the screw on the clutch cover. On paper, it's about 3/4 liter. I take the extra 5 minutes to pull the clutch cover (and shift lever) as well to get it all out...or the bulk of it anyway. When all buttoned up, I just pour until it starts to drip out the screw hole in the clutch cover.
  4. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    WOW! My bad, :shocked:

That's HUGH!

What would the torque setting for that bad boy?
  5. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

i tighten mine enough to not come loose, which is not very tight with the sort of socket handle you usually use with a 24mm.

it's an aluminum bolt, so hopefully it would strip the bolt and not the case. still....

if you read the other languages, the sensible ones specify .8 liters. I know what a liter is. I have no clue what an imperial quart is.
  6. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    Good question, paktm,...didn't see it in the manual. I just do it by feel. Soft, coarse threads demand a light touch.
  7. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Its an 300 , thanks for responses
  8. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    WR300 = 800ml/cc's oil
    drain bolt = 174 - 207in/lbs (I set it to 200in/lbs)

I dont even mess with the check bolt. I bought a tupperware measuring device, fill it to 850 (50ml extra since it sticks to the sides) and dump it in. Repeat every 10hrs.
  9. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    I bought a tupperware measuring device, fill it to 850 (50ml extra since it sticks to the sides) and dump it in.

Can I bother you for a photo? I was going to buy a Billy Who fill bottle but your idea sounds better.
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I have something like this. Sealable with measuring marks on the side.
    [IMG]

I'll take a marker and put a mark on the side for each bikes oil capacity, fill to line, pour in and reseal until next time.

I dont trust oil check bolts after owning a yz250 where the check bolt is at 600ml instead of the required 750ml. I always measure and then pour it in.
  11. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
    Hey, now that is a great idea...why didn't I think of that :doh:(no reply necessary!)
  12. elbenson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR250
    I just use my Ratio Rite cup to measure the 800 ml. It has the oil ratio markings on one side, and 0 - 1000 ml on the other.

Eric