1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st First post and I need help ...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by GusG, Nov 13, 2013.

1. GusG Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250 Motard.
    Hi Folks,

Firstly, great forum!!
    Secondly, I'm about to joing the Husky family - my drama is in what size!!!
    I am tossing up between two 2008 bikes. Both have motard setups with extra brakes, body work etc. Both seem to be well looked after.
    The choices are WR250 and TE510. I want something that I can use in motard form as a bit of fun, the odd commute to work and maybe a couple of track days. In dirt form its again th eodd weekend run around the hills. I MAY do a few Flat Track races also - I was an average B grader years ago.

Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated.

The WR has been seen on this forum and has a bit of trick gear. The 510 pretty standard. Both around 3-4000k's.

Thanks in advance.

Marcus
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    510 probably more practical for on road but you cant beat a dinger in the dirt. be grouse for flat tracking too plus something a bit different for SM. why let practicality get in the way of a 2 stroke!:thumbsup: which do you prefer to ride 2T or 4T? which is the better deal-cheaper or more gear on it? WR might work out cheaper long term maintenance wise.
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I love my 300, but couldn't imagine riding it on the road for more than 5 minutes. Maybe a different response if it had the 6 speed swap. Personally, I would choose a 4T for road riding.
    msmith345 likes this.
  4. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    I would go TE510. Much more road worthy and you'll appreciate the gearing and power delivery on road.

My KTM 450 SMR was a pain in the ass to keep on the road. That's why I've been trying to sell it for 4 years. So, I can't imagine a bike that is more high strung being forced into commuter slavery.
  5. GusG Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250 Motard.
    Thanks for the responses...
    I've never owned a smoker but like the concept!! I cant imagine it being anything short of a pain in the a*se commuting, but it will be fun - only about 6k's!!
    The WR is a WAY better deal, the guy (Rob) is a bike nut and I feel pretty confident he has looked after it.
    I agree the 4st would be a better road option but I think its the smoker for me!!!

Wish me luck!!!
    shawbagga likes this.