1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc First race with fresh wally 144 topend :)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by montgob1, Mar 19, 2012.

1. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

I race a 1.5 hour GP on saturday and 2.5 hour XC on sunday this weekend. Second ride on a walt massaged 144 topend. Setup for 100 octane. This thing ripped hard!!! I could just keep clicking gears on these big long sweeping uphill climbs, i couldnt be happier with the power delivery i have now. I am still running the stock 09' mikuni and i like it. Just dab the clutch and hold on, could be a bit spooky this summer with dry slick conditions but when the traction is there i wouldnt want any other motor!! I was pulling 250F's in some spots, I want a backwards gopro next time i race to have a roost cam.

Its been so long since i touched the carb that i cant remember my jetting specs but i think i need to drop the pilot now that i have the high compression motor. It loads up quick at an idle, 1.5 turns on the screw. Thanks again walt!!
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    That thing sounded pretty strong out there, I know that.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Get the 165 and pull 450's :D

go Ben go...

[IMG]
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sounds like the high compression Walt 144 I had; sweet power! I would be bolting on my WB165 right now but I had to run out and the Post Office didn't leave my package :cry: .
  5. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    A couple more pictures of Ben from the GP and XC...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    And I loaned my 125 to a guy I raced MX with last year. He was on a RM125 and it blew up on the first lap so he took mine out and put some laps in. He loved it and seemed to get it figured out quickly.
    [IMG]

Later,