1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc First real ride this year after 5 month of storage with my WR300 2010... WOW !

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by hrc630, Apr 18, 2011.

1. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi !,
    Yesturday, after 5 month of storage for the winter (i live in Quebec, Canada) i have re-start my WR300 2010 for the first big ride of the season. About 250km of very ruff tail, a lot of water, mud, rock, single trail with step hill and a little of fire road. All i can say is WOW, each time i ride this beast, each time im very impressed... I really can't understand how people can have complaint about this bike. The motor is just incredible, i can run it like a tractor at very low rpm all day long and it never stall, it run clean all the time. On the open trail, the power can be brutal if you want. In the engine department, this the best motor i have seen in 20++ years of trail riding. 4 strokes torque with 2 strokes response and never stalling.

The suspension and brake on my 2010 is also very impressing. Just perfect for me. Perfect for trail riding and also some session of pure MX. Not a problem. The bike turn on 10 cents and is a freight train on the straight.

Yesturday, i have made the ride with 5 of my buddy. (13 hours !)
    - KTM 530 2010 (run very good, but way too heavy for this ride and stalling all the time)
    - KTM 300 2009 (overheated many time, even if the temperature is about 5 degree celcius...)
    - Yamaha WR450 2008 (Too HEAVY, i think my buddy have lost 20 pounds !!!)
    - CRF450R 2007 (stalling all the time, but the best 4 strokes of the day.)
    - KTM 200 200? (blow engine... the motor have drink some very cold water)
    - My WR300... Just to much fun !!!, light, powerfull, and big smile !

At the end of the day, we have made about 10 drag race between all the bike on pavement.

The result... Husky WR300 wins all the time ! The CRF450R are 2nd all the time by about 3 bikes lenght, the KTM 530 are 3rd each time, the KTM 300 and WR450 are very close in last place.
    Same result time after time on a 0-130 km/h race. After 130 km/h (top speed of my bike with this gearing), all other bike can pass me with the 2 KTM in front at about 165 km/h and 155 for the CRF and WR450.

*** Dont forget, my bike have now about 145 hours, never open it now exept for modding the head. I have take the compression this morning and... 165 psi. This bike is bulletproofs. (i have never broke anything on this bike) Just change tire (4 times in the rear, 2 times in the front) and change the gearbox oil at about each 10 hours (always clean).

Sorry for the long story, but this morning i have a BIG smile in my face and my WR300 is the best choise i have made in my life of dirt rider !!!

*** Sorry for my bad english !

Francis
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice. Yes. huskys rule.
  3. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Making me excited to get my new WR250 out on the trails!

Luke
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I rode my 2010 300 for the first time yesterday and was very impressed. I picked it up Friday with FMF pipe and silencer installed, swapped the bars, added some bark busters and took it to a National enduro.
    I'm very impressed and happy that I got it. [IMG]

I need to spend a little time with suspension set up and I will be totally in love with it. I'm extremely happy to be back on a WR.
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Hey Francis,
    Sounds like quite a ride! What mods did you do? Hi comp head? domed piston? or what?
  6. hrc630 Husqvarna
    A Class

Stock head milled and squish ajusted, Keihin carb 38mm AS, Powernow+ and timing advanced a little (if i remember, +4).

***Even stock, with a perfectly jetted carb, nothing can touch this bike...
  7. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sold your WR250.. [IMG].. And now bought yourself a WR300.. [IMG].. That answers question why you want to buy back your Provini.. [IMG]
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yep, that's why. I would have been happy with a 250, but I though I'd try a 300.
  9. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    All healed up???
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yep. But, I'm way out of shape, now.
  11. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've been on a CL search for a Bowflex machine and an elliptical trainer
  12. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Hit up the P90X...I have been doing it for over a year. Nothing like it, and you will be able to man-handle the 300 with no issues!

Luke
  13. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    yeah me too. I am a believer. P90x is the shizzle
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?tnt=P90X_RT_A2

Your body will respond to most any work out plan ... the real key is the rest time between workouts that allow UR body to grow after it has been stressed AND consistent training over an extended period of time ...

Complaints about this bike? Just people being people ... These are true badda$$ bikes

I was stationed in Hawaii (usa army) back in the 90s and you would not believe the number of people who were sent there and hated it there :) ...

And nothing like a drag race .. even on a dirt bike :)
  16. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    $180.00 for some exercise DVD's and a Diet Plan??????

Gotta try something, that 300 is manhandling me these days
  17. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Similar reaction here [IMG]
    But I do think I will do it just by riding my bike (simply more fun) [IMG]

all that time in the work out to get fit on your bike.

I believe in work out on the bike so get more often on it.

diet if it is tasty yea, but forbiden to take a beer no way.

its a hobby not my job [IMG]

Robert-Jan
  18. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Yep, that is what it costs, but most people spend wayyyy more than that a year for gym memberships. Seriously, nothing compares to this. I was in good shape before I started. I am 6'2 and weighed about 195 when I started. Now I am at 205 and leaner than I was in college playing baseball! It helps me a lot when riding, I seriously do not get tired like my friends do after a few hours of trail duty. Not to mention I can he-man my bike if I get into a jam on the trails! It is really about the diet. The plan that comes with it isn't an outline, its an in depth GUIDE with ingredients. I made my best friend do this for the 3-months and he lost nearly 45 lbs.

Luke
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Isn't it always? When I was very strict about my diet I was much leaner and in better shape. Just put 20# in a back pack and care it around all day. Then you'll know.