1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st first ride with the Keihin video

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Kevin_TE250, May 25, 2010.

1. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Running 172 main, needle in the middle (3rd) , 35 pilot 1.5 to 2.5. Went out to the owhyees today out by the snake river.. I now have good bottom end transition. But I think I'm still too rich it was 70 today and I was at about 3300 feet. The last part of the vid has a knarly sandy uphill..

Listen to my 1/4 throttle transition in all speeds... it's sputtery ? does than mean to rich? it goes fine but that sputter drives me nutts.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/kevin_te250/?action=view&current=X1700001.flv

BTW had a good gettoff over the bars.. jammed my finger and bruised my thigh.. glad I was wearin my Leatt
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Sounds lean to me. :excuseme:
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    My 2 c worth.
    Sputter normally means its too rich . Like when you havent warmed up the bike and it needs to clear itself . Try the choke if its runs better then its lean but I reckon you are rich. You are at altitude so that would make sense. If ok at WOT Id Look at the pilot jet and needle height. Lower needle clip to second slot from top
    How does t run at sea level?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    sputter on my 125 = rich
  5. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm thinking rich also... plus a puddle of oil on my swingarm is a visual clue... probably going to drop the needle......
  6. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I don't hear sputter, I hear a very "tiny" sound and bog when you twist into the throttle. When you cruse that far in 6th at that low of RPM and throttle opening, you will get spooge even if you drop to a 32 pilot. :banghead:

The way you were riding your bike should have had a very smooth mellow sound to it if it wasn't lean.

If it was rich it would have had a broken up cutting out type sound.