Five Miles of Hell? It was easy.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by racedesert_, Oct 19, 2010.

1. racedesert_ Husqvarna
    B Class

Rode Five Miles of Hell Friday. It was easy. Just looke at the attached pics.

Attached Files:

2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that was snowed in when we were there but wanted to hit it real bad. Got more pix?
  3. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

my girlfriend needed some spotting on some of the ledgy stuff, but still managed to get through it in one piece, although we rode it the easy way last year (from lone man butte to twin knolls). We're thinking about heading out that way in november.

btw, in some of those pix, yer doin' it wrong... the rubber part goes on the ground for better traction. :cheers:
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

And here I thought that his bike was just so well planted that he was able to ride it under that rock ledge.:D

Nice pics. Tell us more.:thumbsup:
  5. racedesert_ Husqvarna
    B Class

I have 1100 pics, but most of them just are not as fun as the ones I posted.

Yea, my buddys wife has been through it twice also. He made a point of telling me so.

It was fun. We went to Moab after, not as much fun.
  6. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

:notworthy: lol, your buddy is a jerk. :p

We ride alot of ledgy rock stuff here, but there are several maneuvers that are still pretty intimidating.

I'm surprised you found moab less fun. There's an awful lot of everything there, and most folks find they're doing more riding and less picking up.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    did you do poison spider and Cliffhanger? I thought those were fun. Slick rock is kinda boring.
  8. racedesert_ Husqvarna
    B Class

Slick rock was boring, would have been fun on my mountain bike. Didn't do Cliffhaner or Posion Spider, instead did some big DS rides up to Green River and back down off road through Arches & Canyon Lands Ect. Just not enough time to do everything this trip. Would like to have done the White Rim but I guess its washed out. Next time.
  9. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

that looks like some crazy tough stuff!were you able to actually do some riding or did you just keep throwing your bike on the the ground?
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I thought it was so easy that your bike was just taking a nap out of pure boredom.:lol:
  11. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Great pictures looks like lots of fun.

Post up some more if you have time.

:cheers:
  12. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    They call them thumpers, but not because the sound they make when hitting the ground. :doh: Looks like alot of fun. :thumbsup:
  13. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

I've done slickrock on my mtnbike, and it's way funner to me on a motorcycle, but it only takes like an hour, so it's just a small part of the day. There is some truly excellent riding in moab, like sovereign and salt-wash singletracks, pritchett/kane/amasaback, goldbar/goldspike/poison spider, etc... If you like ledgy stuff like 5moh, but want it just slightly more rideable and safe, moab has lots like that.