1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Flame Out?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Poopy, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Sometimes usually when going uphill, and bogging it a bit, if i close the throttle it just farts and dies. The guy I got the bike from said he put the JD jet kit in it, just wondering if there are any places I should start investigating.

its a 2007 TC250

Man i love this bike...if i can get rid of the fart-die it would be even more super-er.
    :D
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just a hunch but are you having more problems in warmer weather & higher elevations? If so you might try turning the fuel screw in 1/2 turn.
  3. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Ya it was actually fine all morning, then we went back to the truck for lunch, and it ran like crap for the next couple hours.
  4. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

what is your idle rpm at and are you running a spark arrestor?
  5. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I dont know what RPM exactly, but it was a little high, and no spark arrestor.
  6. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know if this would impact yours but when I removed the sparky and lowered the idle RPM to 1500 on my 08 TE510 I had the same problem. Re-inserted the sparky and set idle rpm to 1600 and problem went away.
  7. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Interesting, i will try anything. What is the popular way of setting RPM on a dirtbike? Is there some kind of tach you can plug in?
  8. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Go to your local Napa store and get a ENM hour meter (about $70). It has a tach feature which comes in handy when adjusting your idle. I like having an hour meter for maintenance schedule, the tach is an added bonus.
    [IMG]
  9. Wetdog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Or get yourself a Trailtech Vapor or Vector. rpm, hour meter, temp gauge, speedo and more for just over $100.
    Motosportz sells em or give Dave at Gnarlyparts.ca a call. He stocks them and he's located in the valley.
  10. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Thanks guys!
  11. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    If it ran fine before then just started acting up?
    Pretty hard to say based on minimal info and an erratic condition, esp since the jetting and needle position info is not avail.

Start from scratch-

Air filter condition?
    Vent lines clear, float level correct + idle speed verified?
    Valves getting tight after hot?
    Etc.

If the bike is mechanically sound, THEN verify your baseline jetting (esp pilot and screw) and condition of orrifices.

ETC.

Lot's of stuff to check. May or may not be one simple thing or a combo of many little things being a tad off. When it's all correct, it'll run right- that much you can look forward too. Mine runs ok w/ over 30 hours on it.

YMMV and best of luck. :thumbsup:

-kevin.