flashing neutral. no pump noise

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by hotducati, Sep 5, 2010.

1. hotducati Husqvarna
    B Class

Hello all,

08 te450

Was in the middle of a race today and bike shut down midway. wouldnt restart. neutral light is flashing. Noticed the fuel pump doesnt make that initial humm. It just makes a quick relay sound if you know what i mean. Any thoughts? i dont have ibeat either.

chris
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Unless someone coughs up another opinion it's going to be very difficult to determine your problem without Ibeat software.
    My fuel pump just failed this weekend without any flashing neutral lights or codes from Ibeat.
    The good news is the fact that your neutral light is flashing means Ibeat will be able to recognize a fault. The bad news is you need the Ibeat program to read the fault. Which means a trip to your dealer.
    Good luck and keep us informed.
    :cheers:
  3. hotducati Husqvarna
    B Class

ughhh.... shelling out that kinda a money to tell me a code is ridiculous. dont need to tune it or anything !! Its to bad it doesnt blink the code....
  4. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check your fuses.

The relay that you hear click is the one that supplies power to the fuel pump, ignition coil and O2 sensor from one of the fuses when the power switch is first turned on.
    crancky1 likes this.
  5. hotducati Husqvarna
    B Class

i went through everything today and still nothing. did find out why my low fuel light doesnt come on....fixed that and soldered all the other wires that were ready to fall off on the pump.

I failed to mention that one wire was broken off and that was at the fall sensor or whatever it is for the TE. I noticed this at the track but didnt have time to repair. The bike was starting and running fine with it cut.

Any other suggestions....i did notice i have no spark either....i swapped relays and there was no difference. still just clicking and blinking neutral light...

chris
  6. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Every time I have lost spark it was a pulse coil related problem.. there have been post of thr debris collection on the pulse coil in the side case and the owners whiped clean and they were revived.. I never got that lucky..lol

Chow, Carl
  7. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Did you find the problem yet?
    Were the fuse OK (check with a meter or test light)?
  8. hotducati Husqvarna
    B Class

unbelievable..... one of the 15 amp fuses had a small crack in it!! i pulled them all twice too before i decided to check with meter. Lucky, i was about to take a long haul to get scanned on computer only to find a blown fuse. So im STOKED !!

chris
  9. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Glad to hear you found the problem. It's a especially a good idea to carry spare fuses on the EFI bikes. The harsh pounding and vibration can cause the link to crack.
  10. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    The 2010 TE 250 has a spare in the holder.. not sure if the other models do also

chow, Carl
  11. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

jeeze
    thanks for posting im off to load up with spares...:thumbsup:
    2010 te 310
  12. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    yep- I put some in a small plastic bag and ziptied them under my seat, waiting for someday.
  13. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Lucky blighter. Phew
  14. craigs449 Husqvarna
    B Class

Holy sheet!! I have the same problem right now !!! as described exactly. Problem is, I am at work right now and can't go home and re-check the fuses with a mm yet. Crossing my fingers that this is the issue....even took the bike to a husky shop and Ibeat showed no current or old fail codes?????? Good times..Hopefully:cheers:
  15. craigs449 Husqvarna
    B Class

Youve got to be kidding me.....I checked the dang things twice like the OP and found the 15 amp to the rear had a hair line crack in it that you could only see in the light. Off to get a new one tomorrow and keeping my fingers crossed.......I love getting help from others on here/SMJ/And TT Cheers, hopefully!
  16. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    Are these cracked fused original? sounds like they may have weak fuses... Another thing to check..
    So add that to the list of fuel pump slipping, and other things haha.
  17. craigs449 Husqvarna
    B Class

Wow!!! Replaced the broken (not blown) fuse today and she runs like a champ. I guess I will be replacing the other fuses that came on the bike for good measure. :cheers:
  18. trobinson07 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought for sure I was going to have to replace the fuel pump. This site rocks.
  19. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    Are these fuses a Husky item or can you use a reg Automotive 15 Amp from Autozone or any parts store?
  20. MXRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250F
    they are 3 mini fuses, and 2 of the mid size ones found on older cars.
    nothing special.