1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Flunky odometer

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Nov 25, 2011.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My 09 WR250 odometer has been reading around 209 miles for the last 3 tanks of fuel. The speedo is working but the odometer will click off a couple of miles and then I'll shut it off and restart it and it may back up a mile to 208. I was kind of using the odometer to give me an idea when to change oil and service the air filter but obviously I can't trust it any more and it makes me wonder how many miles I really have on the bike. Anybody know what's up with this and how to fix it?
  2. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    i had a car like that.
    i sold it... fair condition very low mileage.
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    mine did similar thing mate, speedo working fine but in a single ride apparently i did over 1000k's(was a long ride but more in the vicinity of 100k's-better fuel economy than i thought!). next time it would revert back close to proper total km travelled then do it again worse. according to my speedo i had ridden across australia in about 3 or 4 rides! lucky was still under warranty, got new 1. double check ya cable got no minor cuts/bends & connection all good but if speedo working sounds similar to my situation-speedo internals. otherwise looks like time for a new speedo or an hourmeter & a windsock! good for resale value though-low mileage
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    LoL...l lost mine on some trail many many years ago...a cheap bike speedo and heat shrink the cable to the brakeline and works a treat...until some thick clay/mud took the sensor away from the line :(
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    he
    hey lankydoug you know what type of batteries go in the speedo & whether or not itll retain time/trip info? fitting up my new speedo
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Mine retains the mileage but after about 220miles it just stayed around 220, sometimes it will lose a mile or two and go back to 218 or 219. I haven't tried a battery yet so I don't know the type or even if it has a replaceable one. My speedo still works great... go figure. :excuseme:
  8. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    The standard battery is a CR2032.....I gave up on my OE husky unit it stopped at 1200kms new battery's worked for about a week:mad:

you can get a trailtech for around $100-120 bucks and it uses the stock pick up easy to wire in and easy to see with a whole lot more functions..I think motorsportz sells them on here too

its the way to go I just couldnt trust the stock unit
  9. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    are you serious a week! how can it drain batteries that quick, its only for memory retainment isnt it? what a joke. hate to say it but something else husky needs to improve & ktm has right(hour meter in speedos a winner). how many batteries does it take? might give the batteries a try & if no good as you reckon just fit it without & look into a trail tech-or just keep trying to remember trip km's off the total km's which is frustrating! chz mate
  10. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    hey troy is it the vapor or endurance model trailtechs you talking about? do they fit standard mount & when you say easy to wire in, how easy?
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Either one comes with a mount... but better mounts like motorsportz sells are cool too.....very easy to wire in..the Vapor needs a tach input(coil neg) thats the only diff

coolant temp is a inline sensor spliced into coolant hose...then you need a power wire from coil pos(12V)

the speedo is two wires right from the OE pick up

they give you all the connectors and hose clamps everything you need

just need to program the front wheel size and away you go....

seems to go forever its battery

the husky one uses a single cr2032.....I really think water intrusion is the culprit with the OE cluster...mine would work again when the battery was changed...but week later it was back to its old tricks :rolleyes: