1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Flywheel CR vs. WR

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Evan Murphy, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Evan Murphy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None Yet!
    I know both the newer the CR and WR 125 have the same gearbox, but what about the flywheel? Does the WR have a heavier flywheel? Also is the porting different between the WR and CR? Seems as though a lot of the guys on here prefer the CR even for offroad. I hate a heavy flywheel feel expecially on a small bore, but the WR is more appealing due to the 18 incher and larger tank.
  2. Tommy V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas TXT280 trials
    Pretty sure the WR flywheel is heavier but not sure how much. I have an '02 CR with a WR flywheel installed but never weighed it against the stocker. I'm considering a '12/13 125 but can't decide between CR/WR either. On one hand the WR has a larger tank, 18" wheel, lighting coil (good for heated grips!) but the CR has cartridge forks and a bit more snap from what I've read. I ultimately want to do a WB165 kit so maybe the heavier flywheel is better?
    Any thoughts? Oh yeah, the CR costs even less than the WR at my dealer so I can use the $ to buy a large tank and 18" rim. Sill comes down to forks and flywheel
    Any thoughts?
  3. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    You can put the cr ignition and flywheel set up on the wr. The forks on wr would be better for enduro and trail
    There isn't much difference between cr and wr in power if the wr is set up correctly IMO
  4. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    If I knew what I know now, I would have bought the CR instead of the WR. The only reason I bought the WR is I thought it had a Wide Ratio transmission like the Huskies of yore. Mine does now because of a recent 2002 gearbox transplant. I also swapped out the WR ignition for the CR after my CDI failed. The suspension works great once you change out the fork oil, set the level and swap out the springs, front and rear. The stock rear spring is much too light unless you weigh undder 125 Lbs which excludes myself and most people on this forum. :D I know Dwight is running a 6.0KG on the rear and I tried it but I prefer a 5.4KG.