1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Flywheel nut torque spec?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Cosmokenney, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    2009 WR250, I can't find any indication in the service manual (or in searches of this site) on what the flywheel nut should be torqued to. My woodruff key sheared off and I want to avoid breaking my ankle a second time when the key shears and timing drifts and causes kick back.

I saw a 125 reference that said 50 something ft/lbs., I assume the 250 should be pretty close?
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Lap the fly wheel too the shaft with fine grinding paste.
    Clean all that off line the key ways up and crank that baby down.
    My manual for 360 says rotor nut M12x1,25 Nm49-53.9 lb/ft 36.2-39.8
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    37.6-41.9 ft/lb per my 2006 manual.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  4. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    So do it the tight side of 40 ft/lb.
    Should take 50 but I wouldn't try it.
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Skrew it this bike is a lost cause. After my cylinder fiasco, I brought the bike to a recommended mechanic. He thought the bottom end was bad so we did that. $$$s later and the we are still having the same problem with the cylinder. I just sold my TE 511, to finance a car, and now I'm going to have to part out the WR 250 so I can start to save up for a new (non-husky) bike. Beta. Or GasGas. Can't decide.
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Omg what!?? Somebody get over there an help the bloke out.
    What is the issue with the cylinder buddy?
    And the rest of the bike?
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My 09 wr250 has been as reliable as an anvil. Maybe someone with no mechanical knowledge worked it over before you bought it? What is the issue with the cylinder?
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I have another thread on here about my paper weight of a cylinder. The rest of the bike is great. I love the bike. I had a lectron on it when it was a 250, and it ran like a tank for the 2 or 3 years I've owned it. But when it was time for a top end, I sent the cylinder and head to millennium tech for their big bore kit. Which entailed them boring, plating and porting for bottom end and pump gas. They sent it back with a new Gas Gas EC300 piston matched to the bore, wrist pin and bearing, gasket kit and a hole in the exhaust port that leaked coolant into the combustion chamber. I never even fired it up, and sent it back to them for a repair of the hole. They sent it back to me, and now that its "runnable" it's either detonating really badly, or the piston is contacting something like the head or the skirt is hitting the cases on the bottom. I've had the cylinder off a few times to diagnose and there is nothing obvious apart from some unexpected scratching on the cylinder that shouldn't be there given the total of about 40 - 60 minutes of total run time on the new top end. The scratches are not fingernail detectable.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I remember reading that thread. I'm not impressed with millennium at all. I called them about doing the squish on a 2001 Honda CR250 that had a new top end with 165 psi compression and they gave me a BS theory about how my cylinder must be out of round and tried to sell me a big bore kit. I checked the combustion leak down and it was under 15% so I sent the cylinder head to http://www.maxrpms.com/ and they set the squish and now the bike runs perfect with 225 psi. I've heard that millennium sold in two different parts and has different owner/managers which if that's the case it makes sense. Rarely does someone who buys or inherits a business run it as successfully as the guy who started it and built it up from the ground.
    juicypips likes this.
  10. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Man that sucks, I got a cylinder with a liner done by custom Kraft.
    So far no issues so perhaps try them on future