1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc FMF Pipe and LeoVince S/A Mounted

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by WoodsRiderParts, Apr 5, 2012.

1. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

Bike is ready for our first outing of the year which is tomorrow. Bolted the FMF Pipe and LeoVince S/A on - and all I can say is - what a great addition to my bike! It actually smoothed the power out, but it pulls harder down low, and the flat top-end has a strong pull now! It is also a bit quieter than stock, especially when just tooling around at low speeds.

[IMG]
    rockdancer and lankydoug like this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Runs better and looks.... sweet! Nice.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    That's my thoughts exactly when I put the Gnarly on mine.
  4. madfish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    Looks good. i have had the lv silencer on mine for a while. i smashed the stocker last weekend and have a fmf gnarly on the way. Looks good. Curious to see what it does on the 2011 wr 300. it has a nasty hit with the stocker i had to jet it really fat just to keep the front wheel down .LOL
  5. incorrigible Husqvarna
    B Class

I have the same combo. Unusually good fit and finish on that particular gnarly. Tucked in pretty well too.

I don't fun the SA screen in the silencer though.

Wondering if a leaner main jet will give more top with that pipe. I have a 175 main here in PA. 2009 wr250.
  6. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Interesting, I have the FMF/LV combo on my '10 300 and have been thinking about trying the LV with the stock expansion chamber for supermoto and road racing. Please post up your thoughts when you get the FMF fitted as a comparison to the stocker.
  7. WoodsRiderParts Husqvarna
    B Class

The combo performed well, and I initially thought the jetting felt good. After I went on an all-day ride I was soon proven wrong. The midrange and top felt stronger, but the bottom end felt rich (sluggish at idle-1/4 throttle). After 20-30 minutes of trail riding when I would open it up in the sandy area, it would stutter for a few seconds and then clear out. My bike has the Keihin Airstryker with JD jetting jet kit. I have a 175 main, blue needle with the clip in top position. I think I am going to try the red needle, and a 172 main to see what happens. I ride at about 500 ft above sea level, usually 60% + humidity, and NE Indiana.

Luke
  8. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I also ran the Leo Vince muffler with the spark arrestor until the screen plugged up during a Grand Prix and I had to stop and find a stick to break through it. I now run an FMF Turbinecore.
  9. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

I tried the stock pipe with the LV the other week, and it definatly made it more top-endy, but I think that it was more due to the losses in the mid-range rather than gains up top, as flat out down the straight my speed was only a couple of km/h better than with the FMF. I'll keep running the FMF from now on because the top end is pretty much the same, but the low-mid range is hugely better with it fitted.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    Very nice example, i am in the process of converting my 04 wr250 so i can go sprint racing (hill climbing) here in the UK. Will post up some pics when its finished.
  11. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Really? - loss in the middle - thats not good for a 150 . I think my 250 f did ther same thing with a LV
    Where did you source it from ?
  12. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cheers, you might like this footage from an event I did earlier in the year;
  13. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine's a 300, don't know what the 150 pipe is like.
    The loss was when running the STOCK expansion chamber when compared to the FMF. The LV muffler made no change in the middle with a small gain up top. We get a different muffler here in Australia, and again, I don't know anything about 150's.
    Can't remember where I got the LV from sorry, somewhere in America, bought online.

Here's the regular setup;
    [IMG]
  14. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    The video footage is very good. My wheels are in the frame but the rear being a TE needs the hub changing so not long now before i can ride it.

[IMG]

15. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thats an awesome looking track! :thumbsup: