1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc FMF Q Stealth report

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Aug 14, 2013.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I put a Q Stealth on my 09 WR250. Other engine mods are a 38mm Lectron and Gnarly pipe. The Q Stealth didn't seem to hurt or help the power but my have smoothed it out a tiny bit. It is a lot quieter down low and when putting along it really is like stealth mode (if you're trying to be quiet). It also seems to have a deeper tone when pulling through the midrange. I'm comparing it to a freshly repacked stock silencer and didn't have to re-jet after the switch. It's a little lighter than the stocker but not by enough to know it riding. I wanted something as quiet as I could get with a USFS spark arrestor and this did the job. I have an unrestricted 15 acre backyard riding area in a golf coarse community so keeping the peace with my neighbors is a priority.:rolleyes: I have a hunch that the Turbincore would be a lot lighter, probably louder and might give a small amount of power increase so if anyone has tried one I'd like to hear the feedback.
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    mine cracked along the seam near end cap(maybe crash damage maybe poor manufacturing) so gotta mate to cut the canister down 6 inches & I did away with the SA(don't need em here). bit louder but much lighter, like half as light, & more responsive. looks cool too. Q stealth shorty I spose youd call it! for the size of em I honestly thought theyd be a lot quieter, size is like a 4T can. I think you right about the turbinecore dougy, I couldn't manage to find one when I bought the q stealth otherwise would have gone that route, didn't realise had to order the 06 MY turbinecore, stupid FMF site. :)
    lankydoug likes this.
  3. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    I put one on my YZ250 a few years ago, and I wasnt really happy with the noise reduction. Me and a few others thought it seemed almost as loud as the stock one (fresh packing). I got a stock KTM silencer and modified it to fit my YZ250, not a lot of cutting either. It made a big difference on noise, but also I noticed it didnt pull as hard when really revving it out. Bottom end seemed fine though. I was looking for noise reduction though not performance, so I could ride by my house.