Foresthill Trail 5 It's a Beauty.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Jun 1, 2013.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Took Friday off from work and went up to Foresthill. Parked my truck on a dirt road near China Wall staging area and, as luck would have it, right at trail 5. It's been a while since I've ridden the upper part of T.5. It's a long windy (curvy) trail that runs along the side of a mountain and up and down canyons. It's a very cool trail overall but some parts are kind of scary. One little mistake and you go off the side and good luck getting your bike back up.
    The scenery is beautiful there.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here's some helmet cam footage.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhTEaTlMheQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZhpg5QY200
    K.Forte' likes this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I fixed it for you, not sure if it was a Cafe Husky server burp, or a photobucket burp.

Looks like you had a great time :)
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I fixed it for you :) I just went to "edit" and clicked on the photos, which highlighted them, and hit "delete."

Trail 5 is, indeed, a lovely trail. It's also a "high-consequences" trail, too. I really enjoy it! Not as hard-core as 6 but just as scenic. A better choice for solo riding.
  4. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Haha! We must have done it at the exact same time :lol:
    Coffee likes this.
  5. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks a lot to the both of you. Could have been human error...:excuseme:
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thats some cool looking riding trail (I'd call that stuff technical!!) and it and does look a little spooky narrow to me in more than one place ... Don't loose momentum and tip over! I'd want a 12T FS on my TC250 on that trail ...

Was that a dead fox at the :52 second mark? Its coat still looks very good on film ... That narrow ridge ride right after that carcass looked like a tight-rope walking act ... I loose all speed in these type places and just concentrate on making it across .

--
    You gotta be careful on those scenic rides and maybe just stop to look at the views from time to time ...
    --

Lovely? Not as hard-core? I haven't saw all the video yet but so far, it looks pretty challenging from my couch ;0) ... I must be turning into a wimp rider here :(
  7. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
  8. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Jerbear have you ever rode the trail/fireroads up in sierra city-nevada city,,you stage down near the south fork of the yuba river and the loop is 61 miles,it takes you through the town of Alegainey (gold mining town) and Beautiful forest and you end up going past the Malakoff Diggings and rite back to where you started..I can't remember the name of the loop but its a great ride...

I don't think I've done that particular loop but I've explored a lot stuff in that area, Butcher Ranch Rd. Henness Pass Rd. Downieville Trail Systems... There's
    tons of great riding up there for sure. I'd be interested in checking it out sometime if someone would show me....hint......
  9. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wow, Ray, I didn't even notice at the time as my full concentration was focused on the task at hand. I can't
    tell if that's an animal or dirt but if it is an animal then it looks like there's two of them. Probably just dirt or wood but
    I guess I'll never know for sure... Good eye, btw. Thanks for watching.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Please don't worry about it, it seems several have had interesting issues posting as of late, the cafe husky server was probably not responding quickly enough again.

As an aside, I tend to stay far away from places that have high consequences if mistakes are made by either the rider or bike... but I am glad you enjoyed it :)
  11. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    please tell me at the 4:40 point you were slipping on a rock and not digging a ditch in a trail
    that was some nice footage of a nice area

I need to try that sometime
    went riding this weekend in similar topo and scenery
  12. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Ha ha, no ditch digging or rock spinning. It's not really visible in the vid but in certain parts of this trail (and trail 6) they used some rubber strap
    lookin' shit for traction, I guess. I don't know why they didn't just put down that cinder block stuff that they use normally. So what you hear is my tire
    spinning on rubber. I was caught in a rut and tried to get out of it by going up on the rubber crap only to realize that staying in the rut was the smarter line.
    Where in NorCal are you ?
  13. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    used to live in Sierra County
    rode from Gold Lake yesterday took the infamous Third Divide and came back up Big Boulder
    I am currently in Reno