1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Fork swap and brake matching

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by robj, Apr 26, 2013.

1. robj Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 CR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX/KDX200 hybrid
    Hi - I'm trying out a set of conventional Showa 49mm forks (off an RM) on my WR. The Zokes are damaged, and the Showas are re-valved and set up for mine and the bike's weight. So first job was matching the triples (the RM ones are 20mm offset, close enough to the WR's 18mm). The stem is being machined next week.

I'd like to use the WR front wheel (rather than the RM one) if possible. Mainly to match the look of the rear. The axle is 20mm, which fortunately what the mid 2000's WR ran. Older bearings/seals will fit into the 2010 WR hub and reduce the diameter to 20mm.

Only issue now is the disc diameter. The RM fork is set up for a 250mm disc, the WR is 260mm. I can't find an oversize brake bracket (for the 96-00 RM) that suits 260mm. Only 270mm.

The other option would be to fit a 250mm wavy disc to the WR hub, but I can't find any online. Another option would be to fit a 270mm aftermarket disc, and buy a 270mm bracket kit for the RM fork.

Question is whether 270mm discs are too big for off road riding? (Are they supermoto accessories?). Or if anyone knows of a 260mm oversize brake bracket for a late 90's RM?

Failing this I'll use the RM front wheel...

Thanks for any thoughts.
  2. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    the simpleist way to keep the wheels matching is to lace your wheel to the new hub
    I can tell you a 20mm axle is not as easy as it sounds, I was putting an 04 front end on my 93
    this is Husky to Husky and the spaces were the issue, a lot of parts moved over but it is a different generation of parts
    you are looking to jump between brands so opening a whole different can of worms
  3. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

270 should be fine off road, the supermoto stuff is 310-320mm.