1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc forks reworked

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by K5PL5, Mar 6, 2013.

1. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Just got my KYBs (2012 WR300) back from Solid Performance in Downingtown, PA.
    Got out for a ride last Sunday and they are much better. I highly recommend dealing with Evan. He's a no BS guy and stands behind his work. He called me before buttoning up the forks to reiterate the issues I had and what I really wanted from them, what kind of racing I will do and what terrain I will focus on, etc.
    I paid $411 out the door. I'm real happy with the service. He's got a customer for good.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    got mine redone too. they was due for a post-break in service anyway, so i had a lil valving done. springs are ok for my midget body. but it bottomed WAY too hard and stupid easy. got a lil packy on rocky climbs too. not no mo. i also dropped the legs down to the first line from 1-3/4 lines. WAY better made a BIG difference. carves nicer. back end is in tune with it more. if i keep any kinda gas on the front end sticks now and im not covering the front so much and can drive it from the back seat more relaxed. got 3 rides total on it now. pretty killer machine. i need to back off some, im still outa shape and smashing though stuff WFO in 3rd and 4th i shouldnt w/o damper like baarooop! blam! oops whoa oh s*t whoa whoa! ok got it back...whew dadingdingding barrooop! lol.
  3. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S

Like he said....

My forks and shock are at Solid Performance right now, and was told that they were being taken apart this morning. Full revalve and spring replacement to handle my fat a$$....

Hoping to get them tested this weekend preping for our upcoming Curly Fern Enduro the end of this month....
  4. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    K5PL5, what changes to the damping did you ask Evan to do, or did he do for you? What were the "issues" that you had with the bike before the revalve?

I am going to have mine done, but I need a little more time on it in varied terrain to figure out what I want. I think I want more low-speed and less high-speed compression in the front, but I'm not sure. It feels a little "mushy" while at the same time it felt harsh on braking bumps at the hare scramble last weekend...

I'm a SP customer as well, and I have had nothing but good dealings with them. He did my 610 shock, and he will be doing all of my WR stuff, and they all are good non-nonsense guys who are happy to help local riders and racers.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I ride mostly tight trails. Rocky stuff. Im 200+ with gear on and I have a 3.5 gallons IMS tank. With that being said, we did not make a drastic change in spring rate but we did go to a heavier spring. My issue was the front end was vague, deflected alot, and bottomed out easily on small jumps. Its more planted now and more predictable. Evan put on some good dual seal fork seals too. I have done some of my own forks and shocks in the past but I decided to go with an experienced professional this time. Ask him what he did with my forks Im sure he can give you some good insight.
  6. Joedints Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300 13 WR125 81 WR430 82 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZR7-S
    rode mine yesterday, picked up the forks and shock Sat and put the bike back together that afternoon/night.. Since I'm 235/240 my spring rates bumped up pretty good, set the sag and did about 30 miles in the Pine barrens. Turned far better, handled the whoops with easy, till my legs gave out and absorded fallen logs and ruts with no hard jarring in the forks or rear end kick up... I didn't even put on my new tires, rode the stock tires and they worked alot better (time factor). Extremely happy !
  7. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I talked to Eric (Evan's right-hand-man) at Solid Performance yesterday, and he said that the valving on these forks is pretty stiff from the factory, he said it was more like a moto setup than a woods setup. So, I suspect they made valving changes to help the suspension be more compliant over the sharp-edged hits you tend to see more of in the woods. I know my bike could use this!
  8. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I laid in to some baby head rocks and the sharp edged rocks in the tight trails this past saturday and the bike doesnt deflect anymore and pogo off rocks. Its more planted and manageable now.
  9. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Sweet! I haven't ridden rocks on mine yet, but right now it can be pretty harsh on braking bumps and stuff like that, really feeds back hard into the bars. I've tried backing off the compression adjuster a few clicks for the enduro this weekend, we'll see if that helps, but in either case I expect Even will fix me right up.
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Every once in a while..and this is totally unrelated...I hit my skid plate edge withmy boot instead of my rear brake. That will wake you up hahaha
  11. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    Scared myself silly w the same move. Pulled the SP for now.