1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Forks

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 2premo, Feb 8, 2013.

1. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    I have a 99 360 and am not impressed with the forks
    now let me say I have not spent a lot of time on it, the bike has low hours so nothing is worn out
    I have a front end from a 2004 and don't know if it will be much better, I was going to get one of them set up for me and as such was wondering if anyone had thoughts which way they would go from experience with both types or jus what would be a better option
  2. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    switching font ends isn't going to help much,you might want to start by springing the bike for your wieght.If you really want it to work get it setup/revalved by some one good.
    steadydirt likes this.
  3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    sorry if my wording was vague
    if you were to choose a front end for your bike what would you have
    currently I have a 99 and an 04
    some forks are inherently better than others, stiction, fork seal design (don't constantly fail), adaptable valving, more progressive rates available
    some forks just feel better than others, even if the magazines don't like them, just looking for input
    I will have whatever forks end up on this rebuilt and set up for my weight and riding, just wanted to start with the best instead of throwing money at some bad design
  4. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    99 to 04 45mm Zoke's are pretty much identical with maybe slight changes to valving that's pretty much negligible...correct fork springs and better valving will sort out the harshness in the mid stroke.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

These forks are evil if you don't get them re-valved for you. Changing oil weight, height, and clicker setting will only make them slightly less evil. Send front and rear suspension to the best tuner of your choice. If you are going to be using the bike as a trailee then Les at LTR does very nice work to make these plush. If you are going to ride more severe levels of riding then I would replace the valves with either the gold valves or the valves that Riders Edge in Canada sells. You will still need to have someone adjust the shim stack for your personal needs. Les did the forks on my 2000 360 and they were plush and soft just like I wanted them for what I used the bike for. I used it as a dual sport/saw bike, great for that but anything with speed and whoops was a chore.