Forresthill OHV CA Question

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Daniel508s, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    I have never been to Forresthill and thinking about taking a trip there this next weekend. What area or trails is the best to ride? Has any rode trail 5 and how challenging is it? Anyway, any information would be great.

Thanks
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I like Forrest Hill, have not been there for a long long time though.

There are sweeping trails through the ferns, more challenging stuff as well. I don't recall the exact trail numbers but it was easy to get confused which way to go on some of the trails through the ferns.
  3. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds like fun. I'm just going to head up Sunday and go for it...hope I dont get lost..:doh:
  4. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

It's been a few years since i've been there, but i used to moto and mtb there quite alot.

trails 2, 5 and 6 are the most singletrackish trails. 2 and 5 are not too hard (5 used to have some tricky spots, but it got heavily sanitized a few years back). 6 is the funnest for me. Depending on your skill level, you might find it fun, or hard. We used to ride it on mtn bikes. It's hard on a mtn bike.
  5. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I'm going to stage at Sugar Pine. I've been off the bike for almost three months with a broken wrist, really excited.
  6. STmatt Husqvarna
    B Class

Funny you asked because I was there today with my kids. I don't pay too much attention to numbers but know I've ridden 3, 4, 2, 5, which are no problem. 5 is the tightest out of those four. Watch out for quads on some of those trails. They tend to stay near the Sugar Pine staging area. On the NE side of the area, I think it was 7, it was really nice, some good water bar jumps. I haven't been to China Wall but have heard it's steep and rocky. One thing about the red clay dirt....it turns to baby powder quickly and today it was headed that way. Not sure if you have used this in the past but MAGIC ERASERS have worked great on my bike and is about the only thing that will take that red out.
  7. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the info.. Really looking forward to riding this weekend. I've been off my bike since March 28th, when I shattered my wrist at the Dixon MX track (Argyll).
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    At the risk of stating the obvious, take it easy at first. Forrest Hill has a disproportionate number of injuries each year. I broke my leg there for instance.

:cripple:

It's not hard, I'm not sure why so many people get injured there. :confused:
  9. craterbum Husqvarna
    C Class

#5 is good, then about half way back is a nice rock climb, then the switch backs,that lead to the back side of 5-china wall-trail 6...Trail 6 is a good work out... be carefull.. Might do trail #4 as a warm up tho ?? Have fun.