1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc foueling plugs

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jase1, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jase1 Husqvarna

does anyboady know the correct fuel/oil mix for a wr 250 o7plate as it keeps killing plugs ive tryd altering air screw/tickover and they dont seem to change anything .carbs been striped an cleand an tickover/air screw still dont change how bike ticks over,could something in carb be broke or could it be rings?has anyone got any ideas that could help thanks j
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello
    Hello! Have you checked your jetting? Fouling plugs does not have to do with the amount of oil you use only. I use 3% in my 300 and i never foul plugs. Take a look in the jetting database and compare with what you have, or write here and i´m sure the guys will help you out!

Johnny
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have a WR 250 and what i thought was a fouled spark plug after about 100 miles of riding/racing WAS a spark plug that i had not gapped I tried everything in my search to find the problem from jetting ,timming,spark plug cap uriudium or stock plug did not make a difference after about 80 miles the problem would start when under full load in 4th or 5th under power the bike would flam out .well started to gap the plugs at 22 and so far it seems to have worked .Raced the first National hare and hound 2 weeks ago where i finished 2 nd 250 mag expert and the bike worked perfect for the full 100 mile race.Rode again about 50 miles over the weeken as still running fine This weeken is round 2 so i will let you know if it keeps working .I chased this problem for over a year but it looks like i might have got it fixed
    i was always told not to cap the uridiun plugs but the people at NGK said to carefully cap them so i did .I have used both the stock and uridium plug and both work the same.Never had this problem in my CR 125 maybe it is because the the CR has a better set up then the WR
  4. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Hi Jase1
    I had the same problem as you, please do look at my post in the 2t jetting data. The 250 has an issue with the float level being set too high from factory.
    I reset my float level with some great resaults. I have not fouled a plug since.
    Regards Col
  5. jase1 Husqvarna

thanks lads ive been mixin fuel at 25:1 witch lookin on here seems very rich but its wat dealer said to,jets are standard i will try 40:1 with fuel to start an go from there thanks again
  6. jase1 Husqvarna

chainged float height this morrning been out for a couple ov hours an so far so good
  7. tintman Husqvarna
    B Class

so what should the float level be?
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Use an iridium plug, worth the extra coupla bucks, better starting, better spark, more efficient ignition
  9. buzuki Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX200,KX125,CR250,50cc quad,
    i find the iridiums are less forgiving if your jetting isnt 100%

haha extra couple of bucks?

My standard plug is like $1.50, iridium $20 +
  10. jase1 Husqvarna

bike failed again, but have now narowed it down 2 electrical fault so going to strip down at weekend and see if can sort it