1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Fouled plug mystery

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jhunter, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm looking for some help/advise. I have 2008 WR250 with about 100 hours on it. The bike has been bullet proof and awesome. About 4 months ago during the Atlanta summer heat and humidity, I fouled my 1st plug. I gave the carb air screw a 1/2 turn out and it ran great for 60 days. Now that the cool Fall weather is here, reset the carb and I've fouled 3 more plugs. Most of time they foul in the first five minutes but sometimes its after riding all day. The plugs don't look super wet. I'm due for a top end so could I be getting 'blow by' out of the crank? I just seams like more than a fuel mix issue?
  2. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    Sounds like the same symptoms I had on my 125, I swapped every part of the electrical system and fuel system chasing it. Then put a new ring in it and no more issues. I went through 5 plugs in one 40 mile ride with the bike running great, the harder I rode it the faster they would foul. Still looking nearly new.

Later,
  3. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

jmetteer - You're dead on. When I roll on the throttle hard under a heavy load and the bike is pulling a lot of torque is when I foul the plug. When I'm higher in the RPM and 'light' on the throttle, it rips... I was putting the top end off as a 'winter project' but it looks like I need to do it now.
  4. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Anyone else have an idea...
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Do a compression check and see for sure if thats the issue. Also check your coil and ignition grounds and makes sure they are clean and good. Spark plug caps can also be an issue on these huskys.
  6. dan75 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250 2008
    I have same bike and model and had same problems, found 1 reed petal broken
  7. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

The guys at Halls said I was using the wrong plug. I have a NGK BR8es in it now. That's a resistor plug. They said to run the B8es (non-resistor). I'll try that for a few weeks...
  8. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I do run the non resistor plugs as well. Are you running the stock carb with stock jetting? My plugs were black with stock jetting. Currently I'm using the stock needle with the stock clip position, but I run 2-3 sizes smaller pilot and 1-3 sizes smaller main depending on the weather. No fouled plugs and no spooge.