1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Found a used '06 125- issues?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Parh 474, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ossa, Bultaco, Puch, Maico, AJS, Yam
    I'm going to look at a used '06 125 this evening. Are there any particular issues to look for? Do they have any common weaknesses? I saw that someone was having issues with the frame cracking at the motor mounts on a '08.

Thanks
    Craig
    SoCal
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have never heard of a frame issue with the 08 and earlier. If so it must be rare. The 06 is a solid bike and uses well tested parts. Othen then the normal used bike stuff to inspect here are the only things I can think of.

In 06 some of the tank shroud bolt holes were drilled too deep. This can cause a leak. This would probably have been fixed on a used bike anyway.

The silencer mounts like to crack on these.

The flap that hangs down from the air box will carve into the swingarm if nothing is done to protect it.

The lower shock bearing and drive side swingarm bearings need frequent service. The rest of the linkage should last forever if the zircs were used. The zircs do break off sometimes. Front wheel bearings like to go out also.

The roller on the chain guide will freeze up if not replaced or greased often.

These motors will run forever without a rebuild so it is hard to know how fresh the piston will be. Compression should be around 170psi I believe.

That's all I can think of. I had a 06 and it was very reliable.
    Parh 474 likes this.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    on all used smokers i pull the pipe and look for seizures. then the filter- clean or not and inspect the boot for dirt ingress. check frame for dents and cracks, same with arm and fork clamps, check stantions for burrs, trans for gaps and false neutral, cl slip etc....if its good buy it, service it and wring its neck. yer so cal too?
  4. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yep. Thousand Oaks. Normally race vintage motocross on a '73 Cr125 (in avatar), or AJS 250. This would be the first +'80 bike I've ever had.
  5. gasgas17 Husqvarna
    A Class

The engine mounts that bolt from the frame to the head are prone to breaking. Just make a new set out of steel and problem solved. Probably not an issue for trail riding but is most common under motocross conditions. landing larger jumps etc. The swing arm bearings dont have seals, so they need lots of attention. It would be easy to push the bearings in a few mils and add some O-rings.
    Parh 474 likes this.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    got my wr125 from Tri County...see Paul for anything you need and tell him i sent ya. gimme a jing if ya wana hook up for a ride. im off the track/trail for a couple more months so...

enjoy the "new" bike...:thumbsup:
  7. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got it. So welcome me to the modern world. Turns out the bike belonged to a guy I race with who got it from another guy I race with. Both have lots of bikes so this one didn't get a lot of use. On the flip side it didn't get a lot of care. With your suggestions I found that the swingarm bearings are a little loose. They'll need some attention, and a set of tires and plastics in the near future.
    I'm stoked, so is my 15 yr old son who will try to claim it.
  8. Parh 474 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 Cr125, '06 Cr125/144
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'll be glad to — what's your name?
    This bike is a red sticker bike so it's just track days for a few months.
  9. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    copy that....my names kevin. still on the DL recovering from surgery but i'll be back in the saddle soon so...keep ya posted.