1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Free Grab Handles!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motocrossmr, Feb 3, 2012.

1. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Sorry to label this as 'free' :p but is basically is if you can find the materials you need. I posted pics of this simple project and thought that maybe a few folks on here could benefit. I have been doing this for years on all my bikes and just did it to my '09 WR165. If you ride slick rocky and root filled single track with ruts and uphills then you probably have needed to manually yank your trusty steed out of a tricky spot by hand. Or track side spectators that help you out will have a easy place to grab and wont break your plastic! I make 'poor mans' straps on the front and rear of all my bikes. I know my WR has grab handles but these straps make things MUCH easier. All you will need is a dremel (or hack saw blade and drill), 8mm T-handle (or equivalent), leather punch (small screw drivers), propane torch (or lighter) and some straps. The 'straps' are what many see as the cost. However if you have children just out of car seats or a junk car thats going to the scrap yard then it wont cost you a bit. You need the seat belt straps from either one. If not available I know from experience that car seats are sold super cheap (or free) at yard sales or even left out for free at town wide clean up. There should be no need to pay for one.....ask your friends, co-workers, go on craigslist. They are everywhere. Or go to a junk yard and cut the seat belts out of a junker. Might cost a couple buck but well worth the cost.

This will only take about 45-60 minutes to complete. The rear is the most time consuming. I cut a thin slit in the side panel just below the top bolt that holds it on. It needs to be the width of whatever material you are using. I double up the material where the bolt goes through and use a leather punch to start the hole. I use the tapered handle of a small round file to make the hole bigger to where the bolt will fit through. I use a torch to melt the end of the material so it doesnt fray. It doesnt take much and a lighter will work fine. Leave enough room for your hand to get underneath. Dont make it too tight because you will most likely be at different angles when you need to use this. You can always make it shorter but not longer. The side pannel bolt will go through the panel, right through the doubled up part of the material, and bolt to the sub frame. The front is similar. I use the top lower triple clamp bolts. I use a washer between the bolt and material because if not the bolt will twist the material. Just torque the bolt to factory specs.

Maybe people already do this. All I know is that I have been asked a lot at races where I got the straps so I figured I would let my fellow Husky owners know. An easy and hopefully free project that is worth its weight in gold when needed. I am on a strict budget for racing this year. If you can afford to buy whatever you need then this might not be for you. But if you want to put your money where its needed most then these little money savers might be for you! Enjoy!:D IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0032.JPG IMG_0033.JPG IMG_0034.JPG
    robertk61 likes this.
  2. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I am gonna do this...I had a tie down break last week...gonna use whats left of it...