From Digital Off-Road, interesting stuff on silly season

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by street2dirt, Nov 11, 2013.

1. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I like the comments from Clay Stuckey and Cory Buttrick at the bottom. :lol:
    T.Read and LandofMotards like this.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It appears digitaloffroad.com's URL was bought by someone else? It was a well respected electronic publication a few years ago.
  4. T.Read Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None anymore.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 250, 3 Hondas, 3 Triumphs
    That was awesome Clay and Cory chimed in there. Sometimes I love the silly season, but it can be so inaccurate most of the time.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    No, hoop is still running it.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Hope this is not true...

"It hasn’t been said for sure but the writing is on the wall that the FAR crew of Fred Andrews and Joey Maurer won’t be running the Husqvarna GNCC and Enduro program in 2014. There are reports that Fred is working on a Honda deal for 2014 but we haven’t heard anything solid other than it’s in the works."
  7. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Yea, I didn't like reading that either. But these guys can't wait forever for a manufacturer to get their crap together.
  8. Chilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really hope we can see Cory B back racing next season. He is such a nice guy and a great rider who has had some really bad luck with injuries.

There are going to be far too many good riders without paying rides next season.
  9. smadams68 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wished there were more supporters such as Air Group Radiant supporting riders. It may not be a "factory" team but they have had a presence since day 1 in the US at Enduros, as well as helped riders that were not necessarily already National "Pro-level" riders.
  10. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

FAR is done with Husqvarna 100% for sure. Too bad. They did a good job with the money they had to work with.
    dartyppyt and Norman Foley like this.
  11. digitaloffroad Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    non
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki RMZ-450

Curious as to what made you say that? I'm still running the show. Maybe the quality has gone down so much? lol
  12. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    That's to bad, they should be rewarded with a new contract for what they accomplished.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    My apologies, I was thinking about this online magazine which last I checked was defunct - MotocrossDigital.com. And yes in my opinion it is much different than your site. No offense intended:

motocrossDigital Mag.JPG

EDIT: be careful going to motocrossdigital.com, I just went there and although it says publication has been suspended - clicking on various links goes to a different website which may not be friendly.
  14. bearorso Husqvarna
    AA Class

Motocrossdigital.com was a fantastic E mag .

It was free for about 34 issues. Then, they realized they needed more money that just the advertising income. I paid for it, but, unfortunately, it lasted only a few issues more. I think a total of 36 / 38 were published. That was a bummer. The subscription cost was buggerall, so I had no "ripped off" feelings about it's demise, just real dissapointment that it had finished as an E Mag.

It ran rings around any magazine out there, despite / well, perhaps helped by, the slightly funny, at times, Italian / English translation.

You could have a full colour E Mag, that made decades long established mags like MXA, look pathetic, with a full report on a MXGP, or EWC 2 days after it was on.

It had blokes like Jan Witteveen doing regular columns - were he predicted the easy reaching of well over 50HP, reliable 250 4ts, just by going upwards with the ever increasing rev range, by using 80mm + bores. Moto GP / Moto 3, have introduced the 81mm bore limit, to try to keep revs in check, and have specifically limited the Moto 3 bikes in revs : it's currently, I think, 13,500, and mooted to go lower. So far, no limits are on MXers - hence the 16,500 rpm, 3 spd Dixon / Cosworth Yamahas, and, I'd assume, the 14, 500 and well above, other MX2 bikes. He wrote as an Engineer, stating that he saw no reason to think that 250 4ts could not match 250 2ts. But they would be rather 'hyper'. :eek::) Some would have had their knickers in a twist, over that, but he also addressed the 'cleanliness issue' that faced / faces 2ts, and the fuel economy - predicting that that would be another weapon used against them - by government agencies. But, he simply offered up "ashless oils', and that all was required was demand for those oils, and the usage of rather simple techs - not just Electronic DFI etc.

I'm a 2t enthusiast - though, I have just the one in my workshop, and about 6 4ts. So I'm not a 'blind' enthusiast.

Jan Witteven, is one of the blokes behind the Athena 'DFI', and, has a huge history in MC Engineering and Racing, especially with 2ts.
    PBM457, jmetteer and Motosportz like this.
  15. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Man, this is a big year for movement of riders. Will be very interesting to see how it shakes out!
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I believe that Motocross, is still being published hard copy as it has been since the early 70s. I believe that the digital version is the same company.
    Its been like the best of the Italian dirt bike magazines for years (Italian X-Offroad and Motociclismo fuoristrada are also hittin it hard as well )

http://www.motocross.it/

Jan is the guy behind the highest level of 2 stroke motors, the last of the Aprilia 250 twins of the GP age, amazing disc valve powerhouse 90 deg twins. As well as many GP 2T projects and other 2T projects over the years. Amazing engineer/designer/builder (90-110hp from the 250 GP motor is what Ive heard).
  17. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    I'm curious why there is no mention of Gas Gas backing for even one rider in the National Enduro series, maybe someone can add some clarity. Boy oh boy are people fickle, why doesn't the Gas Gas importer line a rider up, there are some wizards looking for a ride. It seems like now that the Gas Gas and TM are just not cool anymore. Sad, both extremely good products but all the buzz has passed them by. The dealers should get some exposure if nothing else. If i were the Importer i'd be checking my game for leeks. What's up?
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    TM is an amazing machine (the highest/latest tech 2Ts of all the brands as well as their 4T models being ), the SpA is super conservative and non aggressive in the market, as they watch Beta just smoke them over here, even though they have been here since the nineties. Has nothing to do with the importer here, in TMs case.
  19. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

actually, that system was invented (and patented) by a guy named enrico nino more than 10 years ago. for years, he tried to promote it through his "lucan engine" website (some images from that 2005 website even made it into the official athena video), until athena bought the patent, and hired witteveen to be the "d.i.c.c. general coordinator".

IMG_7499.JPG

the "trinity" behind these engine are 3 dutch guys named jan thiel, dolph van der woude, and frits overmars. witteveen was the "pope" (aprilia race director).
    bytheway, witteveen designed the husky 250cc 2t engine.

italy's motorcycle magazines alone are worth a trip to italy (for some odd reason, i couldn't get hold of a "masterbike" magazine nowhere last week):

IMG_7498.JPG

my all-time favourite one is the "moto tecnica" magazine. even when nowadays it's a love/hate affair. they used to run so many articles about two-stroke engines in the past decades, but in the last few years that faded away....

r
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Okay Gotcha, my point was that with all the talk and fuss about new this and different that is KTM world.3 to 4 exceptional brands are overlooked. My reasons this is happening is part and partial to marketing and also no sponsorship even at a small level for their brands. It is a crime that Gas Gas doesn't have a national rider and some in the A classes, great scooters but again fickle public. TM is in it's own class hands down, no kiddin...........
    robertaccio likes this.