1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Front brake cable

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marcmo0, Jul 24, 2012.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I have an 09 300, and am looking to replace the front cable. I was hoping to get a Galfer stainless or something along those lines. Im having a hard time finding one. Anyone know what other bikes these brakes cross over on? Or a source for a good strong front brake cable?
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Judging that Husky's run a full brembo setup, then the majority of husky 4t's and KTM's hoses will work but the only concern is length.

Whats wrong with the standard front brake hose, it's already braided isn't it? If you want more stopping power then go down the route of an oversize rotor kit or a better master cylinder?
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    My outer casing has cracked in 3 or 4 different spots and was just wanting to try something new. I have a real poor feel at the brake lever, not with squeeze, but with the return of the lever. It doesn't bounce back like it should. I have bled the brakes a few times, with no difference. So I was going to try a new cable, and see if that helps any. Then I will probably have to dig into the master cylinder and see. But wanted to start with the simpler, less expensive options.
  4. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you have a 'kink' in the line this will often result in a poor return of the lever. When you pull the lever the force of fluid is sufficient to push down the hose and operate the caliper. When you release the lever it is difficult for fluid to return past the kink. I have had this to the extent that the brake starts to bind on as the kink works like a oneway valve.
  5. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    just measure the length and you should be fine to fit whatever.i put a kx 250 unit on my 360 that ran underneath the fork tube after my rotor wore through the brembo unit.