1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st front end bouncing

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sean, Apr 27, 2010.

1. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi all

I have a little isssue with the front end, it seem to bounce off stuff rather than flow over it

Does this mean i need to turn the rebound clockwise 2 click to slow it down??:excuseme:
  2. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

if it's like my 09 300, it means you need to hit stuff harder, or else get the forks revalved. Mine worked well in rocks and roots at normal trail speeds, but got a bit overwhelmed in big sand whoops at race speeds.

I think i went 1 higher on rebound front and rear, and that helped a little.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You sure it's not deflecting?

If it's deflection then you need to open the compression adjuster. It's basically caused by hydraulic lock.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Suspension setup is critical and mysterious to many. Theres a lot going on from sag settings, to fork settings, to spring rates and damping adjustments. Real hard to diagnose here on the internet. I recommend you go tot he factory settings and then work from there. make sure your springs are right weight for you and set the sag.then play with the damping adjustments. Thumpertalk has a great suspension forum and lots of good info. Might ask there as well. It really is theory and setup. the suspension system can be the single biggest gain you can make on a bike performance and safety wise. Very important to take the time and learn what each adjuster and circuit does and then apply this in a testing area to document real world changes. Learn and take your time. It makes all the difference in the world.
  5. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1000000:thumbsup:
  6. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

only thing is im not sure what stock setting are

there not standard and have black lower stanchion

i have 102mm sag on the rear
  7. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Try turning the compression to full soft and starting there.
  8. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    You've either got your compression way too soft and its blowing through the stroke....or you have the compression to far turned in and like Motorhead said causing a hydraulic lock....

best to start with the compression all the way out.....then turn it in two or three clicks at a time till it feels better....

also make sure you balance that adjustment with making sure the rebound adj. is also turned an appropriate amount....

your compression and rebound should be within 3 to 5 clicks of eachother....

sometimes you'd be amazed at backing off the compression will actually make it harsh....and feeding in a bit(harder) of adjustment at a time they will actually feel softer to a point....