Fuel delivery problems?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by MountainBikeMik, Sep 13, 2014.

1. MountainBikeMik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR510 2008
    Hi guys,

Recently I had a custom petrol bladder made that sits inside an identical SMR510 exhaust that sits on the opposite side from the main exhaust. I first set it up the other week using a brass T-intersection so it combines both main and secondary fuel tanks in to one in to the carby. I have a fear maybe something got inside the carby through here..

It ran fine for 40 minutes on the road with some jumping around in side streets, then it began to ride like crap and keep turning off. I ran the idle up higher but it didn't help that much. Eventually after more pottering around that night I ran out of battery and had to push it to the GF's for 25 mins. In the morning I picked up tubing to convert back to stock tank setup. Bike ran fine for ten mins before doing the same. Next day charged battery and still no go.

Installed a new inlet manifold before all of this by the way, done up nice and tight on both ends. So I took the carby out, cleaned all internals and inspected. Now it rides around but the revs wont drop quickly after throttling. I checked the cables and can see the throttle wheel snap back all the way properly.

If I ride it around it goes ok, but if idle is under 3500rpm it will turn off after running like poo. It actually starts up really well but then runs like poo if idle is anywhere under 3000rpm...

So where can I find a resource with instruction on how to tune this carby? I want to look at fuel air ratio and anything else I can find to FIX the problem ONLY. I dont need more power...

Dont worry about the big screw, the bracket/zip tie around the fuel lever, or the gold ferrule and wire. Thats a remote choke I was stuffing around with months ago.

Thanks for any help 2014-09-01 19.03.42.jpg

Attached Files:

2. MountainBikeMik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR510 2008
    Also, what is the adjustment screw directly under the throttle wheel? I couldn't find any difference changing this?
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Interesting setup you have on your bike and I can't really give an exact fix on your issue ...But I have had the revs wont drop quickly after throttling issue also ... I always thought it was something clogged \ slightly clogged in the CARB ... Clearing, blowing, soaking CARB parts was the approach I always took to remedy the issue ...
    Mattc77 likes this.