1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Fuel economy WR125 / 150

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Vinduro, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is the MPG that everyone is getting under East Coast woods racing conditions ( H/S & Enduro), with the WR125 and WR150 ? Just need to know what to plan for during a race.
    Thanks,
    Dwight
  2. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

with onroad driving (supermoto wheels) the wr125 used 9 liters per 100 kilometres, the wr150 used 8 litres per 100 kilometres. (the wr300 used 10 litres per 100 kilometres)

r
  3. endurokids Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250WRX, CR167, 83 430WR, TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    75 Guzzi 850T
    Roughly 1 gallon per hour at race pace.
  4. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    The '09 WR125 with the 2.9 gallon IMS tank…

I have not checked the 2.9 gallon claimed capacity, so we will assume its right.

Have had it on for 2, 2 hour hare scramble races.

I know you asked about miles per gallon, don't have that; but can offer the following…

- Local race track; fairly open, fairly dry, fast and on the gas, total run time 2:10 +/-
    ended up with around 2'' left in tank.

- GNCC in Ohio; same conditions, at the 2:10 mark I pulled him in for gas (he just got
    the white flag and the laps were 1/2 hour long, knew he could not go 1 more) again, at this point there was close to 2'' left in tank.

I take an old quart oil container I cleaned out and carry some gas to the line and top it off before the race.

I watch the lap times closely…I figure he's good for around 2 hours, 20 minutes.

I'm close to enduro, and each bike/rider will vary…but I would guess right around 1.2 gallons per hour.

Good luck at the races…
  5. gsxr1000user Husqvarna
    AA Class

I rode Sunday the first time with the RM needle in the middle grove, 470 main, #4 slide, 35 pilot at 2 turns out, geared 13/52 and only got about 15 miles a gallon and have had this number on previous rides(bogs) with the stock DEY or BFY needle. In my opinion the bike drinks gas so be prepaired. I was a little fat on the bottom end and when I stoped to borrow gas from a ktm250 and yz125(with 3gal tanks) I dropped the needle a clip to see how it ran knowing that it would do better on fuel but that did bring round a very mild bog-one I could deal with, not factory bog. The other bikes had over a gallon remaining after donating a quart and a half each. wr125=Big Gulp
  6. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dwight,
    Getting about 18-20 MPG in North east Enduros.
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

About what I figured. At 18mpg with a 2.85 tank, I should be able to safely go 45 to 50 miles before refueling.
    Thanks,
    Dwight
  8. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Does this mean no more Foo Foo bike?!
    This is good, another top racer on a Husqvarna, and now the the guys putting out the Gas Gas gas can't give you a hard time about not racing a Husky!
    GP
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Modified CRF230F Honda is sold. I am keeping my XR200R as I can ride it in AHRMA Post Vintage classes and still be competitive in a modern race if I have to ride it.
    Jay is getting it sent to me this weekend when I attend the ISDT Reunion. It is being 90% prepped by Hall's Motorsports. I have heard that they do a good job with setup so I am hoping that all I have to do is put on my handlebars and barkbusters and double check jetting although jetting should be already done. Maybe after the "Gobbler Getter Enduro" (Maplesville, Al), I should have a new Avatar photo.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Dwight,
    Enjoy that new bike! :cheers:
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You will love it. hopefully your last Husky 125 was not in 82 in the Commie mud?
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    19-23 MPG is what I typically get in the woods. 1-3 gear stuff.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dwight,

The new 125/150 is awsome. The single most numerous model at the NW gathering. The 150 should run great for you. You should have the RM needle by Friday if Snail mail comes through.

If your 150 is running properly and I trust Hall's to deliver it that way, you might be surprised at your mileage. I am assuming that you will be riding it mostly on the bottom and mid. If you are riding it all hair on fire then the mileage is not so good.

We will all be awaiting your ride report next week,
    Walt
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I get about 80 k from a 9.5 litre tank
    or 20 MPG to you guys ( still stuck in the 70s)
    hard to tell though without draining fuel and with speedo not working correctly
  15. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    80 k = 80,000.

Litre is spelled wrong.

:D
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes, it was. My last Husky WR125 was in Czechoslovakia. I had to push up 3 hills between every set of checkpoints. I also blew my right knee ACL on Wednesday (Day 3) and still finished that SOB. Lucky I had a friend on the Czech Jawa team and he broke on day 2. He and his friends knew where all the tough spots were and met me to help push up the hills. His name was Tomas' Flekna. I still hear from him every few years.
    Dwight
  17. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks. Oh, my wife says my radiator guards are already here.
    Thanks again,
    Dwight
  18. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I won't get to ride it till the weekend of the Perry Mtn M/C Gobbler Getter Enduro. First weekend of November.
    I am riding my 1973 Ossa SDR 250 this weekend at the ISDTRR in Combs, Ark. (AHRMA Vintage 2 day ISDT Qualifier)
    Dwight

19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Not for an Aussie. :D
  20. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Litre - not liter lighter ?

got to teach you guys some English
    also

Tyre is not tire - yawn tire