Fuel fragrance? From summit racing??

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by SM113, Oct 28, 2014.

1. SM113 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Soon to be 2015 FE 350
    Just curious if Any buddy has tried the summit racing PowerPlus lubricants fuel additives that have different fragrances??

Curious how they work and our modern-day four stroke With fuel injection?? image.jpg
    Centerline likes this.
  2. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Primarily used in drag race applications in engines running alcohol.
    It works good as a top end lubricant to keep the valve guides from sticking during times of storage during the off season in Alcohol cars. It can also be run with race gas and will do the same thing with the same benefits.

My neighbor across the street runs it in both his Alcohol and his race gas powered Big Block Chevys. I run it myself in my 70' Challenger powered by a race gas fueled 572" Aluminum IndyMaxx Hemi, It runs in the mid 8s at 166mph.

The people on our street love it because when they open the doors to see why their windows are shaking it wafts into their houses from quite a ways away. I mean hundreds of ft. away. We use the "Jolly Rancher Candy" scented stuff in various flavors. It doesn't take much.
    Centerline and ray_ray like this.
  3. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Timmy,you need to post a pic of your challenger,sounds wicked.
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here you go jimjim. Heres a few pics of it fresh out of paint before it was even lettered Scan0003.jpg Scan0005.jpg Scan0006.jpg This was the car making it's first few passes to get my NHRA competition license and a pic with the 572" IndyMaxx Hemi Engine on the Dyno. 4.5 bore X 4.5 stroke, Dart heads, Small flange single plane intake with an adaptor and single 1250 Dominator=843 hp. 782 ftlbs torque. at 7000 rpm with a fairly mild .740"lift roller cam. 2 fours on an Indy tunnel ram and it picks up nearly 100 hp.
    Centerline, flyingbob and troy deck like this.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Wringle slicks are still the rear tire of choice for today?
    Big Timmy likes this.
  6. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    W O W !! Thanks for pics. What kind of ET's for it. So not to hijack, any fragrance in the fuel at the track?
  7. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Fragrance in it all the time. Car has ran as fast as 8.41 at 168+mph. at 2900 ft. elevation. The 60 ft. times are in the 1.16 to 1.19 range wide open. We run Super Comp here at a 9.16 index, corrected for altitude, at sea level conditions that class will run at an 8.90 index.

The car weighs 2640 lbs.wet, has fiberglass doors, hood, front fenders, front and rear valances, trunklid and bumpers, aluminum floors, Mild steel cage and chassis with Lexan windows. 488 gear ratio.

So the car has to be slowed down and run with a CO2 operated throttle stop with a delay box and digital controller to keep it from breaking out. Torqueflite transmission is CO2 shifted also.

Incremental times are like high 5.50s to low 5.60's in the first 660 ft. (1/8th mile) at 126 to 130 mph.

Should go 8.20s at sea level wide open, with no throttle stop. It is a necessary evil within the category though so it stays on the car.
    Centerline and troy deck like this.
  8. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    thats kool but will it run for 399,926 miles :lol:
  9. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The fragrance is for top end and valve guide lubrication for the most part. That's what it's really good for, it just happens to smell good too. I usually get the Jolly Rancher apple or grape stix scented ones.

I haven't bought any in years because I used to go in on a case of 12 bottles with my neighbor when he would get it.

Troy, I got other vehicles to put miles on, this one just "gets it" a Quarter mile at a time.
    troy deck likes this.
  10. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yes it seems to put the git n gitit love mopars:banana: