Fuel line off the fuel pump in tank??

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Andrew Robson, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Andrew Robson Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 te 510
    Just replaced the pump on my te510 09 and now i need to replace the fuel line from the pump to the fuel filter. What hose should i use as husqvarna dont have a replacement hose.
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I used the submersible 5/16" FI hose, like $20 a foot, but worth it. I've had to change my fuel filter 2 more times since I installed the high-end hose and it's been worth it to have nice, pliable hose to work with.

Ordinary fuel line is designed to handle fuel on the inside only. With in-tank applications, gasoline also comes in constant contact with the outside hose surface, making it vital to utilize a hose that's engineered to be submersible.
    Gates Submersible Fuel Line Hose is capable of handling gasoline, alcohol-extended gasoline, ethanols, biodiesel or diesel fuel in fully-immersed, mobile and stationary applications.
    • Engineered for constant contact with gasoline (and other liquid petroleum distillates) on the inside and the outside.
    • Excellent for use on fuel pumps in the gas tank (100 psi working pressure).
    • Fluoroelastomer (FKM) tubed cover resists gas permeation and retards aging.
    • Aramid Fiber reinforcement—the same fiber used in bulletproof vests and is pound-for-pound stronger than steel.
    • Meets the SAE 30R10 specification for submersible fuel line hose applications.
    • Maximum temperature +302 Degrees F (+150 Degrees C).
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GAT0/27093.oap?pt=N0887&ppt=C0222