Fuel mixture adjustment ?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ADSTE, Jun 28, 2014.

1. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    Hi out there.

I was wondering if someone could explain in detail how it effects the idle and popping or backfiring on a closed throttle. The rpm does not seem to move away from 2000-2100 FYI depending on the altitude and temp 5 degs to 30 plus degs C. Not F.

BTW. It has heaps of snap and I get approx 85 to the 7.2l tank.

I have the O2 resistor fitted and exhaust core removed. Fully derestricted.

2010 te450 EFI
  2. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    Anyone?....
    Love to know what some settings might be
    Ie.how many turns out ?
    Mine is 3&3/4 turns out anti clock wise
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    You are getting 30MPG (like mine), so it sounds like you have the re-map done to the ECU for full power-up (like mine).

I have no popping or backfiring at closed throttle, you shouldn't either.

With the MPG you are getting, you really should have a darker plug color and no back-popping.

An intake manifold leak can lean out the rich mix the ECU is trying to send to the combustion chamber.

Sit on the bike and pull hard on the throttle body as someone else watches for cracks in the rubber intake boot.

I have replaced 2 intake boots.

[IMG]
  4. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    thanks OHR
    It has always poped since a service done by Husky.......so a while now
    but they gave it heaps of snap which i love. just concerned about the poping as it is worse now during our winter in Victora in Australia. It really peeeeees me off to be honest.

Wondering what else it might be ????
    I have counted the idle screw? and its 3 3/5 turns anti clock wise. They told me that adjustment of this has a full effect on the the range in the throttle.

Guess what I adjusted it on the trail to try to get rid of the pop ages ago and just put up with it. Now I want to get rid of it.

Appreciate your responses.
    ADS
  5. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    Checked like you said and it's fine. Still trying to work out the fuel screw.......do you know what happens if you screw in in or out?

Richer or lean?
  6. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Popping on closed throttle is not necessarily a jetting issue. And it's not necessarily a bad thing.
    On the gas it's either lean misfire or electrical mis fire.
    It's more of a function of first you relieved the back pressure in the muffler by removing the core.

Simply all that is happening is there is some amount of raw unburnt fuel that goes out the exhaust, but when oxygen is introduced it lights off then get the bang.

The oxygen enters thru the slip connections in the pipe,muffler,exhaust flang then it lights off.
    Modern mc's have lots of slip connections in the exh systems.
    Several reasons for the slip connections 1st in mfg assembly much faster to install on the assy line.
    Example look how hard it would be to remove the exhaust system if it were welded solid, would be almost impossible,
    2nd modern bikes hit the ground harder and a solid welded pipe could not flex along with the frame so they would fatigue and fracture all the time.
    Just look at all types of race cars big flames out the exh when off throttle. They don't pop because exh is more solid and sealed air tight.
    If a motor was 100% effecient it couldn't do it All fuel has been burnt in the motor.
    Later george
    BILLF likes this.