Fuel pump failure report

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by 01erionracing, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 01erionracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 2008 TE510 has fuel pump failed at 3400 miles and my daughter 2011 TE250 fuel pump failed at 1800 mile. I replaced with $35.00 fuel pump on ebay and so far so good (200 miles +), I also carry extra pump on the trail.
  2. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    Where did you get the pump please. One day I'll need one I guess. I'm in Australia .

You may have seen my report on the wiring update a couple of post down......

Adam
  3. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

Just my personal opinion here: other than manufacturing defect, the number 1 reason for pump failure is low use of the bike, which allows varnish buildup in the pump which leads to seizure. There's really nothing else that we riders can do that is gonna be destructive to the fuel pump.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I just got a fuel pump bike and probaly should pick up a pump or two ... What fuel pump did you buy off ebay?

Not sure exactly what is gonna go on with this bike but I'm already getting the efi cleaner stuff ready ...
  5. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310

How so? It soaks in the same gas regardless if it is running or not. Fuel with a good stabilizer in it should not varnish up. Fuel pumps in cars can go for hundreds of thousands of miles. A vehicle that you have to carry a spare fuel pump with you when you operate it is just poorly engineered.
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG

As I posted, its just my opinion.
  7. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Sorry to hear. Ive been lucky and have never had any fuel pump related problems at all.
  8. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    Which site/store did you get the pump from?
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We sell high quality Cycleworks fuel pumps. They are rated up to 80psi, though your regulator will keep the pressure down at 45psi. We use these in our new Husqvarna race bikes. We have many models not listed as well.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/fuel-pump/
    bigjon likes this.
  10. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    Cheers tinken

With deepest respect I have found some for $35-40 dollars. Although I haven't bought 1 yet I would consider 1 at the cheapest price I can get it for.........

Can you advise on the quality and the price comparison

PM if you feel that's better for you
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    No worries, we found the pumps for as low as 19.99 each, but the quality wasn't there. I believe Husky and KTM sell theirs for well over $200 each. We went with Cycleworks because of their quality. Your CH discount will apply to the item.