Fuel Screw

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by mikebru, Jun 22, 2011.

1. mikebru Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250; 2012 TE449; 2005 TE450
    2005 TE450

Does anybody know the stock setting for the fuel screw?

I looked in the manual and see 1-1/2 turns for the "Idle Mixture Screw" I believe it said. Does that refer to the idle adjustment or to the fuel screw?

About a year ago I took out the stock and replaced w/an adjustable fuel screw. I think I checked the stock and it was 1-1/2 so that is what I have the adjustable set to.
  2. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe that would be the fuel screw referred to in manual, "stock" setting being 1 1/2 turns out from full in.
    But altitude and temperature affect it, so that may not be the ideal setting at your ride location/conditions.

When you get to your ride and have warmed up the bike good, you want to turn that adjustable fuel screw in or out, to where you get the best idle at location where you will be riding........I may ride in temps from below freezing to triple digits, and elevations from 2000ft to 9,000+ ft and always start each ride after the bike has warmed up, by slowly turning fuel screw in until idle starts to die down slightly, then slowly back out until I get the best/fastest idle. (maybe about 1/2 turn or so) And I may adjust it thru-out the day depending on how things change
    If jetted right, you should typically be in the range of 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 turns out.
  3. mikebru Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250; 2012 TE449; 2005 TE450
    Thanks, RLW. I've never adjusted it past the initial setting of it. I'll give it a try next time I go out.
  4. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Hello
    some carburators are easier to tune the air mixture if you bring it just off idle and find the mid point with the air screw.
    1500-2000 rpm constant,adjust the screw until the revs drop.then turn the srew the other direction until the rpm climbs.
    park the screw in the middle.

Mark