Fuel smell from pump area of tank EFI

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ADSTE, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ADSTE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te450 2010
    G'day

Been working on my bike as you can see on other threads.
    I think I'm going crazy but please help me I can smell fuel at the base of the tank....thought at first it was the vent on the cap but no....

I have had the pump off and carefully replaced it back making sure it went on straight and clean
    I have also made sure that the pipe latch connection had latched onto the barb.

It's been warm here also 30 degs C Australia. Sometimes I can smell a whiff of vapour when I walk near my bike but other times if i have my nose near or over the base of the tank I can smell it as we'll but not from the cap with the hose.

Everything is standard on the bike and everything has been done by husky. It is a well. Serviced bike and very clean.

Am I going crazy or is this normal. I have had this since new 2010 and been good. Only now I am having troubles
    It's also done 1200 klms so is there anything I should have done or be doing to the bike maintain wise?

Husky did the 1 st service and I change the oil with motel 7100 10/60 W very 500 klms.

Please advise guys
    Cheers
    Adam.
  2. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Are you certain its not just vapour coming through the tank itself? These plastic tanks are porus, they will allow vapour to permiate through the walls but normally no liquid unless there is a leak.
  3. Tetley Husqvarna
    AA Class

Could be the pump flange O ring is leaking. I pulled my pump out recently, and the O ring leaked very slightly afterwards. I think it still is, as my garage stank of fuel today.