Funny Ibeat Stuff

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by firebolter, Aug 19, 2011.

1. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Got my IBeat setup today. Took it out, loaded it on the laptop, installed the drivers and connected up. While I was working on the initial comm connection, I had the key on and noticed the brake or tail light was on? Hit the rear brake pedal and it went out? Wierd? I do currently have the front brake sensor removed as it is broken and was causing the whole brake light circuit to be inop until I removed it. Now the rear brake light and tail light work great since I removed the broke front sensor. After I removed the IBeat, went back to normal. Key on, no rear light, start, tail light comes on, hit rear brake pedal, brake light comes on! okay..................

Other funny thing, the hours from the ECU do not match the hour meter I installed before I ever ran the bike. They are about 12 hours different. No big deal, just wierd.

My CO levels were at stock, 100 100 100. I change them to 104 103 103 and notice it starts easier and feels stronger when you rev it. Notice a slightly deeper tone to the revs as well. Didn't really get to wring it out much. It ran good before I changed it but did feel lean on the mid to top and did take a little longer to start in the cold.

Anyway, easy software to use and beats having to tweak jets!
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I have a 630 and an FMF slipon. I'm running 106/106/106 on my iBeat and everything seems to run great. I never even looked at the brake light while I did it, though.
  3. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    With just the key on- your dc circuit is on- so your "running lights"/tail are on. The "brake" light only works with the motor running. So that's why the tail was on- brake switch made it go out- and with it running everything was normal again.

with my bike and my exhaust insert (tests at 95db- so a bit more restriction) I actually went leaner:I think I am at 98.5,99.5,101
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The hour meter is probably due to the fact the one built into your bike does not count a hour if the bike is turned off before the hour is up. In other words you ride 59 minutes and shut it off, that counts as 0 hours. At least that is what someone said on here one time, never tried it.
  5. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    As your bike breaks in, you will probably go back to leaner settings. That's what I ended up doing with my '10 TXC 250 as it broke in.
  6. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    But why then does the tail light NOT come on when you don'thave the Ibeat plugged in and key on? Something with the Ibeat plug being inserted in the diag socket is activating the tail light cuz normally with just the key on and motor off, only the headlight is on, not the tail light. Weird.
  7. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    09/te310 Key on engine off headlight on and tail on.
  8. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    So then on the 2010 only headlight on with key on and no motor?

Even more weird! Why would it be different between the two years with basically the same configuration? Go Husky!
  9. brock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Raisrx251 you are correct :)
  10. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    No- all the same- the "headlight" isn't on but the "euro headlight" is on: BA9 bulb (like a flashlight bulb) which runs off DC.
  11. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    That would be weird but its just yours- I guess. Maybe it has something to do with your Front Brake light switch- did you disconnect if electrically- or just from the mount. Cause if you don't electrically- it will cancel out the rear tail- cause the brake switch will be a closed circuit at all times- will then have no tail with ignition on motor off- then with motor on you will have a tail (but it will be the brake light at all times)

If that's not your situation- I don't know what you have going on... strange indeed.
  12. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Since new, the tail ight only comes on with the motor running.

With key in and turned on (no motor running)only front headlight comes on.
    Start motor then tail light comes on and brake light functional

I did have an issues where only the brake light was on at all times. Trouble shot it down to the front micro switch. Removed it and dis-connected it and now, the tail light and rear brake light function proper, but only with the motor running.

At no time does my rear light come on with out the motor running UNLESS I have the Ibeat plugged in, then it is on with the key turned but goes out when I hit the rear brake.
  13. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    Well- That IS weird... :doh:I have looked at 08 and 09 schematics- they are the same. I haven't looked at 2010 schematics but wouldn't expect them to be different... This weekend I'll be spending some time with a 2010 TE 510 to know more. I'll let you know if his is the same as yours...:thinking:
  14. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    Yes you are right HUSKYnXJnWI. Only the euro headlight (the small one) comes on and tail light with key on engine off.