GA BMW G450X Demo Day/HSQ Gathering 10/30

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Bobby, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    That's right folks, here's your opportunity to ride a BMW G450X on a private track not open to the public and bring your own bike to enjoy the trails before or after your turn at a demo ride. Unfortunately with all the shake-ups at HSQ NA recently we are unable to provide any Husqvarna demos, but that doesn't stop us from inviting and feeding the Husky faithful for the day and if you like, try out a G450X for yourself. We already have several Husky folks coming so we might as well get a crowd of them together to roam the trail with.

Here's the details:

Gates open at 9am on Saturday October 30th and demo rides available throughout the day with an hour break at lunch, we will have ten BMW G450X's on hand for demo.

200 acre private riding facility with 10 miles of technical one way single track (3 diamond rated on average out of 1-5 scale with bypasses at obstacles), 4-5 miles of jeep/two track trails and a novice MX track. Also a private water ski lake with landscaped grounds and a couple of fire pits scattered around for gatherings.

Located 3 miles from the Dawsonville Outlet malls and State Rd 400 (the shoppers in the family will love to hear this)

$20 ride donation fee per rider to the land owner payable in cash on site day of event (includes lunch on us and access all day to trails on your own bike and an opportunity to ride the BMW G450X in the real world and set-up by us)

Product representatives from Sidi, Leatt, Klim, Troy Lee, Parts Unlimited and more will be on site and available for questions and technical demonstrations. Ever want to know how a Leatt brace should fit? This is a good day to answer that question.

This is an RSVP event (we are providing lunch and want the experience to be enjoyable rather then too crowded so it is limited) so please send an email (not a PM!!) to bmwbobb (at) bellsouth.net with "Dirt Demo" in the subject field, please include full name for any attending in your group and optionally a mailing address and phone number to receive future mailers or promotions from us (like this event and we do not send out but maybe one email a month at most) Once you RSVP, I will email you 1-2 weeks prior to the event with directions to the facility and a reminder of the details (it's private and we wish to protect the land owners privacy after all by not posting directions on the web and such)

Some camping spots are available to the Husky Cafe folks, contact me for details as space is limited.

Also, you will be required to have proper attire (helmet, boots, pants, etc) to ride your own bike let alone a demo, and no quads please as the property is comprised mainly of single track.

Look forward to seeing you there!
  2. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think I have been to this place and other than that time being too hot, it was awesome!! If I moved to GA I would so weasel my way into this member ride every weekend they had it.
  3. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, same place, our little not so far get away from it all, we've even made more improvements since the Husky Dealer meet hosted there
  4. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, it's a neat place to ride. Good trails plus a REALLY nice campground. It's enough to make a dirtbiker feel special.

Anyone coming that wouldn't mind letting me try out their Husky? I want to try out the x-lite engines, both the 250 and 310. I guess the 310 x-lite isn't out yet....anyway. I'd also like to try out a Husky 2stroke with KYB suspension. I'll be there on my '06 WR250 and anyone is welcome to try it out.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I thought they were phasing that bike out? (G450X)
  6. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bobby, you should post some pictures of the campground, lake and mx track. Do they have 2 mx tracks there now?
  7. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    good idea, all I have is pictures of the lake on this puter, but get an idea

Attached Files: