1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Gas Cap

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marcmo0, Dec 13, 2010.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Have an '09 nWR 300. took it for its first ride today and gas was leaking out from that under the gas cap. A fair amount of it too. I unscrewed it and back on, etc again and again.
    Anyone else, what's the fix?? THanks.
  2. CARL REHATCHEK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Not sure of any leaking problem but just a thought is the rubber seal still in the gas cap ????

Chow, Carl
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    You might try and see if the rubber seal is there AND to get it back on right, it worked for me to screw the seal into the cap.
  4. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    If after trying to rotate the seal you still leak a bit, you might consider replacing the cap. The Acerbis large fits and hasn't leaked on mine. 11-1101-00 - under $13
  5. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Great! The rubber seal is in the cap and I did take it out and repl and it still was seeping gas. I'll fuss with it again, but glad to know there is cheap replacement.
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    The exact same thing happened to me the first time I rode my `09 WR125. Gas all over and I was not happy about it. Turns out I put the cap back on kinda funky...a really easy mistake to make! It's happened once or twice more since then but I just take the cap off, make sure the seal is where it needs to be, bend down to see it at eye level and put it back on nice and easy and voila' - no more leaking :thumbsup:

WoodsChick
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The rubber must be under the lowest tang (screw it in with fingers.) the whole acerbis replacement is cheap too. I went hat route rather than fussing during a race.
    Joe
  8. Squidman Husqvarna
    B Class

This happens to me all the time too!!! I have a 2010 TE510 and every time I top off the tank, I get a lap full of gas. I've tried putting the cap on every which way, and played with the gasket etc,.... Still kept poring out. Then I took off the little plastic triangle thing that is mounted loosely on the top of the tank and around the threads for the cap (don't know the name of the part, but its the external part that keeps the tank shape looking uniform. ). Ever since that came off, no gas leaks. I haven't dried dumping the bike to see if it completely handled the issue. I should as in the past when it ended up on its side for one reason or another, you'd think I hadn't bothered putting the cap on at all.
  9. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Thanks gang. I will goof around with it today and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes.
  10. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx

I also had this problem when I first got my TC510, gas was leaking and flowing all over. The problem was the same that was stated above....Since then, no leaking, even after dumping the bike.