1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st gas cap

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by husky300, Aug 19, 2009.

1. husky300 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    Is anyone else having a problem with there gas cap weeping on the new WR 300 I have been given a new one by the dealer but same thing. By the end of the ride I have to clean up around the cap as the gas has evaporated but the oil has not:excuseme:
  2. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

my 08 cr 125 did that. The rubber thing inside the cap was not properly installed an it was cut. I jiggered it back in place and it hasn't been too bad since
  3. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    For what it's worth, I had the same issue on my 300, but it seemed the problem was with how the gasket was seated in the cap. I fiddled with that (for lack of a better description) and now I'm not getting a lap full of 32:1
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Every time I fill up, I make sure the rubber insert is fully seated on the bottom (top underside) of the cap by twisting it as though it were a bolt until it's obvious that it's flat against the cap.
  5. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

mine leaked a bit when I got it,I just took off that plastic trim piece that sits under the cap and lays on the tank,then tighten real tight everytime,no leaks!
  6. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the same issue, plus I can't stand the design of the stock cap. I ended up purchasing a cap from Acerbis and it works perfect plus it is a normal round design and easier to get off when real tight.
  7. BikeSDP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None @ moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    990 Adv, Multistrada 1200, 500 EXC
    You have a part number and/or source of that cap?
  8. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't have the part number but it is the Acerbis large gas cap. It is universal and fits the Husky's very well.

[IMG]
  9. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I also use, and prefer, the Acerbis cap. I put it on when the bike was brand new. I don't much care for the goofy stock cap.
  10. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

I had similar problems with the cap for my IMS tank not sealing properly, also due to the insert in the cap not sitting in the right position so this sounds like a common problem and not just with Husky's own caps.

I think the insert can be placed correctly on mine too if you do that every time it's been off the tank but mine is already crinkled round the edge from being out of place before I knew about this and it's very hard to get it to seal properly now so I have a BRP billet cap on the way and we'll see how that works.

Shame really, you'd think it wasn't too hard to design a gas cap which would work easily and reliably...