Gas Gas 2014

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Aug 30, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice. I like the more simple colored one...

[IMG]

did they go back to Yamaha motors?

[IMG]

cool looking pipe on the 125...

[IMG]
    john01 and PBM457 like this.
  3. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    To heavy...
  4. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

5. CCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 WR250 11 WR250
    My brother was a big GG guy for years - just switched to a Beta
    allphazes and water racer like this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    may want to reconsider (chnage to Beta) looks like the Spanish really overhauled the line for 2014, very nice to see considering the current state of the Spanish economy. Looks to be very well sorted. My next machine will be a 300 2T next year
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    All these new bikes are really cool but after trading off with a bunch of guys on a really good ride yesterday I am realizing my well sorted 04 CR125 is going to be really hard to top for me. Yeah you read that right. Good buddy with a decked out KX250 was instantly WAY faster on my 165 and flat loved it even pronouncing loud and clear at a stop it was going on CL to get a husky 125. I guess my point is in the end it is all about setup and what works. An 04 2 stroke can be massaged to be as competent as anything built, its all about setting it up. Find a platform that excites you and massage it into exactly what works for you. So many great choices these days.
  8. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

I never saw it say 14lbs? It said 2 kilograms which is around 4.4lbs. It needs to lose more weight. Also, who is going to revalve and spring that rear shock? I've never even heard of that company or seen them before. The bike as a whole looks good, but I still don't feel it's going to be change anything in the enduro world.
  9. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    Reiger has been on Maico for years... I sort of cringed when I saw the shock. Bad enough to get a Sachs serviced "locally". Look to be ok bikes.
  10. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stick with your 310
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Probably anyone. Shocks are all almost exactly the same inside. Springs sizes are semi standardized years ago and many swap between models. I bet it will not be an issue. Hate the color of it though.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I've had piles of Sachs shocked bike for years and every tuner I use can and has done it no problem. LTR, ZipTy, TBT, HOH, and myself have all revalved and resprung my shocks with zero issues.
  13. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I realize all the shocks are relative inside... even the TM shock. You still have to explain that to a tuner, that has been my experience anyway. Clearly your experience has differed then mine. The first response is usually... I only service KYB/Showa.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It seems the US Importer is not getting along with the GG Factory right now and is much more enamored with Sherco.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

GG builds great bikes. Really good bike for our NW riding and awesome motor. But you hardly ever see them and they cant seem to get a foothold in the states. Seems they have struggled with their latest design. They are trying but the mess with the cartridge airfilter, 3 years of changing configuration and late to the market on top of a horrible economic time with their country is starting to show. I do wish them the best and think they build a great machine.
  16. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I totally agree except for me it applies to the WR250. Most complain about them being too tall which is why I like them. The GasGas is one of the shorter bikes out there and I just can't get one to work for me with high bars a tall seat and low pegs. If Husky kept the same tall configuration I would upgrade otherwise I'm keeping my 09 Wr250 for a long long time.
  17. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310

agreed.
  18. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    Hi
    Last thursday the importer came around to show 5 different '14 models and I got to ride all of them.
    No "standard" editions will be imported to Sweden, only "Racing" and "Nordic" editions.
    Visually, the standard has the red front fender and the others white.
    Racing, I think/not sure, has a higher compression head, Marzocchi 48's and Rieger shock.
    Nordic has Ohlins front and rear.
    The bikes: 125 2-t Nordic, 250 2-t Racing, 300 2-t Nordic, 250 4-t Nordic, 300 4-t Racing. No e-start on the 2-t's.
    Conditions dry, rocky, tight 1-2-3rd gear riding. It was not possible to try midrange and up on engines regrettably.

Holy crap! I'm used to GG's being mild and calm, of which maybe the Standard editions are. These were very different from the models of yesteryear. I myself had an EC300 '07 and have tried a couple of different other ones, but nothing newer than '09.

These bikes had all a very similar character with high compressions and alert ignition curves. My impression was that the new 250 2-t had more bottom than my old 300 had.
    Overall the suspension was magic in the slow, rocky terrain. My thought was "PLUSSHHH! so this is probably what factory suspension must be like. Seats were rock hard. I would toss them immediately and get a Guts setup.

125: Very similar to my '11 WR125 with Fatty and Lectron 36 with MS3 needle, but not as good jetting.

250 2-t: wow, what bottom. how nimble.

300 2-t: a real tractor, this will NEVER stall, a bit too much motor for me and left me thinking thinking it would kick my butt if I got careless.

250F: I see the Yam WR250 engine, but it doesn't act like it at all. GG seems to have done their own thing to it. I feels like a fresh YZF with perfect jetting but with a 9oz flywheel weight. Very alert and feisty, in a good way.

300F: Same as the 250F but with an Athena 290 big-bore. A very good big-bore implementation, they just didn't drop it in and pushed it out the door. It feels like it all works well together. Longer gears compared to the 250F and almost just as nimble. With the bigger bore, the nibleness doesn't seem to get as punished compared to the TE250 vs TE310 I tried last year at a similar roadshow.

250F/300F: "Are they really only 250/290 cc's? They feel a lot more powerful, weird"

If I had the money and it was time to buy, another test in more open conditions would be mandatory. At the moment I would choose the 250 2-t with Zokes/Rieger and talk to Kelly about a Lectron.

If I had more money I would get all 5, they were that good, each very similar but with different ways of doing their business. I am relieved they are back and very serious. I'm extatic! :banana:
    ntbhusky, Motosportz, Connor and 2 others like this.
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Awesome ride reports. Thanks for posting them up :cheers:.
    Radbuster likes this.
  20. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Gas Gas rocks.....................:)
    Bart likes this.