1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Gas Pump Procedure...am I Crazy?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pahusky, Aug 18, 2011.

1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Just my turn to post stupid stuff...haven't done that in a while...:cheers:

I usually only mix 2 1/2 gallons at a time...Hi-octane...yda, yda, yda...

If you are only mixing a 2 1/2 gallon batch; how much low octane is actually still in the hose from the person before you? I'm sure the cutover valve to deliver different octanes from different tanks is buried somewhere between the tank and inner pump.

I actually pump 2 gallons into the truck before my mix gas goes in the jug. That's the 'Am I crazy' part...(I didn't want the word anal in the thread title.)

If you don't, I'm not sure how much of the 2 1/2 gallons you get are actually Hi-octane?
    Although you pay the Hi-octane price...

Pull your 4s to the pump...same deal...

Or am I overthinking this and does it really make a difference?:thinking:

Other overthinking things that seemed to work out...

Carb vent filters for the two vent lines run into the airbox...Auto parts store, Less than $4 for 2 pak, gas trimmers/chainsaw in-tank felt gas filters. Can be washed and dryed, fit the vent lines really good.
    [IMG]

Simple fix for the pipe rubbing the shock thing...stainless steel hose clamp...

[IMG]
    dartyppyt likes this.
  2. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    Funny to see a post on this....I always pump two gallons into my lawnmower/quad gas jug before I put any into my premix jug.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    You are a thinker! I use fuel filters with the brass in them instead of paper or mesh filters. Every time you change your filters, stick them on your fuel line to flush them out to clean/dry with air compressor blow nozzle.

Excellent tip on the hose clamp idea!
  4. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

You need to get out more, very anal!
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I don't know if it is anal but I always pump a couple of gallons into my truck before filling the gas cans.
  6. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    One says 'funny to see', one says 'thinker', one says 'anal', and the other, it sounds like it's been a standard practice for years...

We are a very diverse group, but that's what makes it fun!

I don't think it's a problem of not getting out enough; it's a problem of not being home enough.

Since March, from our Pennsylvania base; races in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, WV, Ohio, 2 in PA, 2 in New Jersey and off to NY this weekend to put the 125 on the line.

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Like I said, my turn to post stupid stuff...

Hopefully I'll have some good stuff to post after this weekend.:cheers:

[IMG]
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Nice photo! We are just messing with ya! Keep the ideas/tips coming because it might just keep us from pushing a bike several miles!
  8. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    I have wondered about the gas pump thing, but never pumped gas into my van before filling my gas cans. I just thought I was being anal. Guess I'm not the only one.

I get my gas from a "real" service station where they don't sell gas with ethanol. I'm going to ask the owner about this next time. I bet he'll know the answer.