1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc GasGas dome top piston -which one to get?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Apparently the gasgas dome top piston is a straight swap and increases compression for the 09 300.

Question is which piston is the correct one?

If the Husky is an older design should we be looking at the 07 range of gasgas 300's?

Parts list here for gas gas pistons.
    http://www.gofasters.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_947_983

Once the piston is changed do I need to change the jetting or needle as well?
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bought a Wössner GasGas piston for the latest model, but i haven´t fitted it yet, but it´s said to fit straight in. I will check further when it´s time for the change.
  3. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the reply Johnny. Will be interesting to get your feedback on the fitting and power differences.

Apparently its a pretty easy swap over.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I did this mod a few months ago. I used a Wiseco piston.
    It worked and it gave more low end snap, but it also had some piston slap going on so I ditched it. The intake skirt of the piston is narrow enough to fit into the intake ports....potential catastrophe IMO.

I'll make you a great deal on a 1.4hr old GG piston if you want :D
  5. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hmmm.. seems like this swap is not as straight forward or reliable as they make out.

Might look at the race head to be safe
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I can only report on my findings. I can also tell you that I spoke to both Pro Circuit and Zip Tye and was advised there were mods done to both the cylinder and piston of the WR300 they built for the 2 stroke nationals. They did not just drop it in. FYI....

It worked for me, but I got spooked as I can't afford a new cylinder and crank!
  7. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well theres good reason to get spooked if weird noises are coming out of her ;)
    Best safe than sorry to save $$