Georgetown on a Sunday afternoon.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jerbear610, Oct 7, 2013.

1. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Had an interesting day of riding Sunday. Went up to Georgetown and got in about three hours
    of cool singletrack. Went back to the truck and decided to go on a little dualsport ride up
    Wentworth Springs Rd. Rode about ten miles up way past Stumpy Meadows Resv and decided
    to go off on a logging road. The logging roads up here are endless and they're not marked (no signs)
    and they fork continuously. They go deep into the forest but the worst part is some of them will just
    end. I mean you've been going for miles on this road hoping it will lead somewhere then it turns into
    this.
    [IMG]

Anyway after a few dead ends and some frustrating moments I did make my way back. I been
    through this so many times over the years but never seem to learn my lesson. But hey, I'm still here.
    Here's a clip from the trail portion of the ride.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVYMCWOB-tI&feature=c4-overview&list=UULTcPir9hLIM0LjjKMQ8qdw
  2. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    The single track looks fantastic. Send me info on how to find it.

I know the logging road blues too. I've been lost in the roads between Hwy 4 and 108(west of Donnell Lake). It's the gates that the logging companies are putting in that irk me. Nothing on the map says "big steel gate here". After 30 miles of dirt and not being able to make it that last mile because the roads are gated sucks.
  3. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    It's the Rock Creek Trail System at Georgetown. (The upper section staging at Bald Mountain)
    I encountered several of those gates, some I could get around but the one that I really needed to get around was impossible. It's funny
    because I was lost and starting to get concerned about gas, daylight, Deliverance flashes :lol: etc.. but when I got home and looked at my GPS tracks

a couple of the dead end roads ended like 100 yards from each other. That's probably my favorite thing about GPS's is looking at my tracks after a ride.
    ray_ray likes this.