1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Getting the front wheel off the ground

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by sean, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

We went out this Sunday, up onto the Yorkshire moors :thumbsup:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now my mate was on a 2007 WR250f, of which i had a go and was taken beck by how fast it span up

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Any way when we reached the top and started to drop down, all i saw was my mates head vanish i got over the top and was faced with a rock section:eek: 3 to 4 foot drops for 25metres. i had to get off and push her down.

[IMG]

My mate was just popping the front up and riding over them, so here is the question

Could some one please tell me some good technique to getting the front up, not big wheelies, just enough to get me up the rocks

Do you clutch it, bounce the front or load the rear shock?? i just havent got the skill and am now feeling it is holding me back
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks like you need a new rear tire, that will help. Learn to use the clutch and get your weight back. Spend part of a day doing nothing but practicing wheeling over stuff. Just takes a little practice. Your WR250 should wheelie over stuff quite EZ. :thumbsup:

- Cool looking ride area.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
  4. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

his 4 stroke wr250 struggled up the hill, the 2 stroke just floated up
  5. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

6. Scootskipper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Kawasaki Z900RS, 1971 Bultaco
    Beautiful place!

:thumbsup:Beautiful scenery! I want to go there!!
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    What he said.:thumbsup:
  8. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Yeah it was red hot up there too
  9. Topgun Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not sure about the hill, doesn't look too bad, I find it is best to stand up, bend your knees a bit and to hit it as fast as you can and bounce over everthing.
    If your going too slow, you bounce off the track. Though I haven't ridden a new husky, I know the old ones will make a good rider out of a fair one. Just hit it hard and look for good traction points for turns or braking. Keep it straight over the slippery stuff and STAY AWAY FROM THE BRAKES when it's slippery.
    Better to aim for a rock or tree to flick the back wheel onto to turn at the last moment.
    The Cooktown-Daintree CREB (Powerline track) has got to be one of the best in the world, in wet season.
    Some hills are 2-3kms up and down and all rutted out from 4WD's and really greasy, usually with a heavy to light rain falling continously.
    You start and finish the ride at Daintree river, which can be between 2' and 5' deep. (600-1500mm)
    You always try to ride across because there are crocs in the river, otherwise, it takes two people to walk it across. It is about 200-300metres across. Awesome ride, if your ever in the area. Cheers.
  10. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

the hill dont look bad but ill take one nearer the top next time im out
  11. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

So basically i need to rev and slip the clutch??
  12. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I never use the clutch for wheelies. I'll pick the correct gear so the motor is 'in the power' at the desired speed and use the throttle to loft the front. If you're in a high gear or dont have the horsepower to loft the front then compress the suspension with your weight and give the bars an easy pull up as the suspension rebounds. The front end will loft even wit the slightest amount of throttle, but you will need throttle to maintain the wheelie.

Practice, practice and practice some more before you implement this into your everyday riding. Find a gradual uphill (without obstacles) and practice in 2nd gear until your comfortable. I find 4th gear the easiest to hold a long wheelie cause the power is much less abrupt than 1st thru 3rd, but the penalty is much higher if you happen to eat it!
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Depends on approach speed to obstacle but at slow speeds you have to use the clutch - allows you to have more control too . ( Rear tyre is very imortant)
    Pics make me miss the "old country"
    Cant see many big hills though -looks liek a nice place to ride
    How long can you ride for without seeing houses - roads etc?
  14. sean Husqvarna
    B Class

All day? 8 hours or so..... no not hilly here, they were later on and we were tired a couldn't be bothered with the taking the bag off and taking pict's, i will next time
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    really 8 hours - what part of Yorkshire? I would like to a trip and hire a bike - heard Wales is good . I grew up in Northamptonshire. Now on the Sunshine Coast Qld.OZ
    We have some of the best riding areas in OZ here and plenty of hills. I think we should have a pretty riding pic sticky
    BTW what brand of large tank is that? - looks good
  16. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    thats the right way :thumbsup:

its about unwieghting the front end
  17. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Modern clutches are very tough. Don't be afraid to slip the clutch and hard on the throttle as much as you want. You're not going to hurt a thing. Just keep practicing that and it will come to you. Try to clutch a wheelie at the same speed but in a different gear and you'll see how strong the motor is. Learning precise clutch control is good stuff.