Getting tuned today! Couple ?'s

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by RideLI631, Mar 4, 2014.

1. RideLI631 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 FE501, 09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hypermotard, Honda Shadow ,DR650
    So I'm getting my te510 tuned today. Dealer told me that the rear tire I use should be the least aggressive tire I can get. Currently I have a motoz tire on the rear. Anyone else do some dyno runs with a DOT knobbie tire like the motoz? I don't think there will be a problem I mean I'm not busting out 200 hp right? Also the tire is not really a motocross tire or anything the knobs are pretty close together. He said he's ripped knobs off dirt bike tires but I mean I rip rolling 4th gear burnouts on pavement with no problem. Anyone else do some tuning with a knobbies on the back? What where your results?
    ray_ray likes this.
  2. RideLI631 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 FE501, 09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Figured it out. Bike will be done in a few days, will post dyno sheets and map when done
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Always use a street tire or slick when running on the dyno.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  4. RideLI631 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 FE501, 09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got her back! World of difference! No bog no hesitation no flame out. I can stab the throttle from idle and there is no hesitation. Ended up making about 3 hp and 3ftbs and a lot of smoothing. Here are some pics of the graph and the map. Bike is 09 TE510 with q4 exhaust at sea level 43 degrees Fahrenheit e3 diamond fire spark plug

I love the new ktm huskys but nothing will beat 52hp on stock internals love this motor.

image.jpg image.jpg
    Bad Juju, Shawbridgehusky and bigjon like this.
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Now go riding agressively, trying to keep up with some fast riders on CRF 450s, you'll get about 26mpgs, I ran out of gas on the 1.9 gal tank on my 450 at 47 miles.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thats a little interesting on the graphs and I'd say change gears before 9K .... ;)
  7. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    The new KTM Huskies will do 55-60 hp STOCK. So, yeah, they "beat" it just fine.

I am glad your bike is tuned and running well, it should be really fun putting out that much power.
    RideLI631 and Tinken like this.
  8. RideLI631 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 FE501, 09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    60hp stock is nuts! Couldn't imagine one worked out and tuned.

Can't wait! I'm gona take her for a rip today. I really like the new huskys but no street legal option... Smart move on KTMs part, basically monopolized the street legal market.
  9. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    dang. I wish my 511 would make power like that...Maybe eventually :)

side note +28 is the highest I have EVER seen a map. That means it was running retardid lean. That is a ton of fuel!
  10. RideLI631 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 FE501, 09 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Woooo! just got back from riding, thing rips!! ^^^ that's what the tech who tuned the bike said, when i first showed up to get it tuned it was running dangerously lean, even with the power up map. On my older te510's i always had a flameout issue and stalling and just running like crap down low. No problem now, feels really good down low in single track when I'm lugging the motor.