GG, Fantic, Ossa, now Beta, Husky needs to step up the 2st program NOW

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The bar has been raised big time. Come on Hsuky, lets see the new stuff...

The new Beta 2 st

[IMG]

GG... WOW

[IMG]

Ossa

[IMG]

Fantic...

[IMG]

Still a great bike but the Cagiva... uh... er... I mean Husky is a little long in the tooth. New bike please.

[IMG]

heck even Bimoto is getting in on the fun...

[IMG]
    robertaccio and typeone like this.
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    wow, that GasGas is HOT :eek: damn.
  3. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    Yep- getting your money out of a design is good, but progress is even better. The Husky is functional, but so is dual shox and drum brakes... can't wait for my OSSA in '13!!!
  4. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    ive got a local GG dealer who seems pretty cool... my local Husky dealer is full of tools...

man i hate seeing these new two strokes!!
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I would have to see a ride report on the OSSA before laying down any cash - mostly how the rear end works. The GG sure looks purty though. I'm starting to wonder if BMW sees the 2t market as small and will actually invest the $$$ to develop a new 2t. I sure hope they do and soon since I'll be looking for a new ride by 2014.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    With ya on that one. Might go TC449, TXC310 or TXC511 just for next couple years till the dust settles.
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i think they are full aware of the importance of 2 strokes. the SM 125 2 stroke is huskys biggest seller.
  8. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    I like the look of the bimota, but i think ill stick to huskys
  9. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I didn't realize that. Husky does have a 4t alternative in Europe with the TE125.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    That Beta 2T is the 50cc machine I believe, they have been building those for a while ( I love those tiny things) and these small manufacturers seem to all be onto the 125 4T thing too. Fantic has those 50cc and 125cc machines as well as HM moto. It's amazing what the broke country of Italy is doing in the moto world. (and the car world to) . I know I posted this before somewhere, it's just too fun not to post it again. 50cc 2 stroke enduro competition, now you know how the EU builds WEC champions, and wicked little 2T screamers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfcrm6PbWj4
    Slowpoke likes this.
  11. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The Ossa looks yummiest. The rest (except Husky) look like updated frames and plastic with the same old power plants. No problems with that, but the Ossa is the only true "rebel" of the bunch.
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    my apologies to the rebels at OSSA Espana those are not all Italian machines. The OSA has some super great design features with one being the simple "no crush" expansion chamber, and with that set up a very thin profile to snake through tight spots. That thing is the coolest bike of late.
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'm watching the Ossa. I can't imagine jumping on the DI 2 stroke bandwagon until the concept is well proven, but that Ossa looks sweet as honey. My crystal ball sees an Ossa in the garage in 2014-2015 if it works and if Husky continues to sit on its ass.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ALL manufactures should have DFI 2 strokes by 2015 as the HAVE to.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    If Ossa provides a reliable concept with the same or greater power per cc, I can't imagine anyone NOT jumping on the Ossa bandwagon. The "crush-proof" exhaust concept is brilliant! No pipes in the way of anything... that even beats the current 4 stroke designs. Like I said, I'm watching... and waiting... and watching... and waiting.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    So what is so great about any of these 'other' bikes other than new shiny plastic and one has unproven efi \ di instead of a CARB? Do the owners of these 'other than Husky' bikes have a web sites such as ossacafe, bettacafe? Please feel free to post them if so ...

Its hard to get past the color scheme on some of those models...some of them look almost they belong in the circus or a kindergarten class with all the different colors to meant grab your eyes ...
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Ray,

I think what is great about all these bikes, is the breadth and variety of 2T's that are going to be offered not that long after the 2T was declared dead by Japan. The gasgas has a very nice sight at gasgasriders.org and the Beta's are probably only a matter of time before they have their site. The Beta's have a very loyal following. I also don't think there is anything wrong with manufacturers that make steady, consistant refinement of a proven platform. Gas Gas is a perfect example of this and there is certainly a not so insignificant chance that I will own a new 2012/2013 Gas Gas 200 with a button at the end of next year. My 165 is the bee's knees but I want that button(short, fat, old guy who rides in some really crooked country).
  18. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Grass can sometimes look greener else where, I am still looking at Husky's big picture and I am standing by them for now.
    Like Walt says it is great to see so many new 2-stroke bikes coming, 5 years ago they were trying to convince us they would be extinct by now. Just because a bike has bold new graphic scheme doesn't make it better, and yes the OSSA has innovation but time will tell if it goes through the woods.
    GP
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    It's a little like reverse history ...there was a time when many companies made bikes for riders ...then the JAP bikes (4 companies) took over and did everything but totally exterminate all the competition AND kill off 2T bikes a couple decades later... Now these companies are living again off the remains (2T machines) that the JAP companies are not ~so interested in at this moment in time ... Its really about all they can do (making 2T machines) to survive against the corporations that they are competing against ...

Yep, good to see the 2T is still alive and companies are providing different bikes for riding ... bmw will spring for a new 2t machine ...It's just not the top priority for the company now as it appears the street\dual sport machines are in line first to be introduced ...
  20. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    The top line looks pretty straight on all of them. Doubt there is much seat comfort difference.
    Which ones beside the husky don't have a case reed?
    I like the color of the ossa and the pipe placement in the front but somehow the fuel capacity looks absent. Right or wrong it seems to me that a longer shock absorber would have more potential for fine control.