Glenn Kearney To Race GNCC Opener With FAR Husqvarna 3/8/12 Press Release

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by HuskyT, Mar 8, 2012.

1. HuskyT Moderator

Glenn Kearney To Race GNCC Opener With FAR Husqvarna

Jason Thomas looking forward to another great GNCC season with FAR Husqvarna
    [IMG]
    Former Husqvarna factory racer Glenn Kearney will be racing the first two rounds of the GNCC season.

Corona, CA - March 8, 2012 - The 2012 Grand National Cross Country (GNCC) series kicks off in just a few short days, and the Fred Andrews Racing (FAR) Husqvarna team hopes to start the year right where they left off in 2011 - on the podium. Former factory Husqvarna rider Glenn Kearney will be filling in for the injured Andrew DeLong for rounds one and two, riding alongside FAR racer Jason Thomas in the XC2 division.

"We are excited to have Glenn back on a Husky," team manager Fred Andrews said. "He should be very competitive on the TC250 and I know that he will be a good fit until Andrew returns at the end of the month."
    DeLong, who physically finished the 2011 series third in points, is still recovering from a broken collarbone and collapsed lung he suffered during a practice crash in February.

[IMG]
    The FAR Husqvarna machines await action at the 2012 Westgate River Ranch GNCC event on Tuesday, March 13.

"It's a bummer to miss the opening round," DeLong said. "I won the last one in 2011 so it is natural to want to carry that momentum over. I'm just not ready to race yet, and we don't need to rush things. I'll be back soon enough. Until then it will be fun to watch Glenn race again!"

"Glenn is a great guy and we're thrilled to have him back with the team," commented Husqvarna Product and Racing Manager Derek Sorenson. "Obviously it's unfortunate that Andrew got injured and won't be ready for the start of the series, but he still has tremendous potential and we're looking forward to a great season with him and Jason Thomas."

Head to your nearest dealership to pick up a copy of the 2012 RiDE MORE Catalog, available now!
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    GK I hope your training program changed from before. Best of luck out there!!
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Congrats!
  4. earl61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Talked to Ben this morning Glenn gets here the day before Florida and leaves right after Georgia.I, am shure he is ready to go!Whonder what would happen if he wins,he's became Husky Special Agent.
  5. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...even though he's raced here a few years back ,I hope the lack of seat time in this Florida sand won't be a draw back....but if the current conditions stay the way they are ,he should do good.BEST OF LUCK TO THE F.A.R. team and all the other Husky racers this year :thumbsup:....LOOK for a crazy ol' guy sportin' red Husky t and hat ,screaming /cheering the Husky riders on..that would be me.They won't let me climb trees near trail 'cause they say I distract "other" racers.:rolleyes:

Guscycle:banana:
  6. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Hey guscycle, I'll be there with my Husky hat on too. Won't be too many of us I guess. Looking forward to seeing JT or Kearny on the podium.......... Now who could we get to ride the XC1 class?????
  7. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Well he just came 2nd in the first round of the Aust Off Road Championship so his form is good as present...bit strange that he is travelling 18+ hours to contest 2 rounds when he is a contender for the Aust E2 title??
    mattd676 likes this.
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I heard he got third in class
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    4th overall in the outright but ran 2nd in the E2 class...which l hate the way the AORC feel the need to have an outright???

As much as l an a Husky man...go Daniel Milner in the E1!!!