1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc GoldenTyre Gummy

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Phil M., Nov 21, 2013.

1. Phil M. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 RM125
    Has anyone tried this tire. review say that they aren't much different than a trails tire. I know Graham Jarvis runs them, but one its Graham Jarvis and two I doubt its the same compound that's sold to the public. The higher level of competition I get into the less and less trails tires are being allowed, which doesn't make sense to me but rules are rules.
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

A friend of mine is sponsored by GT. He likes the Gummy tire but is pretty quick to point out its a 1 race tire.
  3. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Reviews seem good, FIM so shorter knobs which worries some people. GT216X is apparently the Jarvis special edition with super soft compound. Mainly for use of super enduro etc.
    One goldentyre test/review showed the standard GT216 rear tyre trashed after 100klm race, but then again this could have been a case of wrong compound chosen for the type of terrain.
    They have multiple compounds to suit various types of terrain.
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Buddy of mine recently gave the 256 rear a try. It hooked up great, but it was trashed after about 60-70 miles. Probably the same compound as the 216x. Definitely a 1 race tire, even for average joe's like us.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Id stay away from any FIM tread tire. Jarvis could win with 30 year old cracked knobbies.
    bax3, typeone, 2premo and 1 other person like this.
  6. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

Where are you racing anywhere near Missouri that isn't allowing trials tires? Only thing I can think of is the Pro class at Motorhead Enduro X in Springfield over Valentine's Day weekend, but that isn't worth the entrance fee, let alone a fresh tire. All of the MHSC, MORE, BJEC all allow trials tires. I couldn't imagine the AR or OK series ban them.
  7. Phil M. Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 RM125
    Mhsc does not allow them in the pro class I've never seen it unforced though. They are not allowed in the Tennessee knock out if you want to qual on Sunday . I would hate to finish in the top 30 and not get to play with the pros. No enduro cross pro clasess allow them. I really think these rules are foolish though. They will sale trails tires to anyone so I don't see the need.
  8. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Ah, cool. I didn't know MHSC pulled the plug on them for pro class.
  9. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    ju
    just about right....
    i was with jarvis in tasmania this year, he didnt have his bike, neither a gt tire. and he was going through the terrain like he was born there.
  10. jo360 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1983 exc framed wr430 engine
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 520exc
    seems strange that the enviros are promoting trials types and the sport is banning them, as far as i am concerned every tyre has a flaw so why not let everyone use what they want, if trials are a huge advantage on certain terrain then every racer would put on that tyre, the pro comp tyres are mega soft compound and do not last long but if you join your local trials bike club you might be able to get some good second hand or discounted units.as for jarvis he gives me the shits! too much talent/skill needs to put up some you tubes of him falling over trying start to his bike and then falling over again chasing after his son who was pissing himself laughing, then and only then will he be able to drop in for a beer.
    shawbagga likes this.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Kenda Washougal tires are FIM/DOT and work quite well. I didn't even realize they were FIM until I looked closer.....
    Kyle Tarry likes this.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250