Gorman

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by aya16, Feb 13, 2011.

1. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yesterday, runner and I met up in Gorman for a bit of an exploring trip. Although I have ridden Gorman for many years, never have I really got into the heart of the area, till this ride.

Sorry no pix's as we were to bizzy hanging on to the handle bars for 64 miles.
    Gorman really has a lot to offer, nasty single track, to some bad a$$ hills, and Deep sand
    surprises. (my hard get off was in the sand).

My choice of bikes was the klx300 and runner brought his awesome husky. We rode our butts off.
    Starting at 8 something in the morning and didn't stop except for a short lunch break at the mx track to watch practice going on. We ended the ride around 1:30. For a couple of seasoned guys, I think we did well. Weather was perfect, riding jerseys, no sweat shirts.

Runner is a great guy to ride with, some areas it was easy to get separated, and runner made sure we didn't. I went down twice, once hard, due to just plain getting tired and making stupid mistakes In a deep sand trail, I tried to turn left with the trail and used the right sand bank as a bounce to turn, and my front tire blew through it into a large rut of sand, instant stop and over the bars I went, I didn't have the bike leaning over enough to take advantage of the burm...ouch.

Runner kept his bike up, except for a nasty downhill, that I just closed my eyes and hoped for the best when I went down it. Very slippery stuff at times, with layers of sand on rock faces.
    We did the monster hill in Gorman and both made it no problem, good thing it wasn't 10 feet higher.

All in all Gorman really has something for everyone, easy trails for those just starting out, to
    major rocky, rutted, sandy, switch backs onto a steep climb out of the mess, I loved that stuff with the KLX.

Those that live around Gorman that never rode it, are missing some of the best riding anywhere.
    Need some more husky's out there, Runner's bike, I think, was the only one I saw. My choice of Bikes was a good one, my 2t husky wouldn't have had the gas range to make the run.

Thanks runner for a great day on the trail...
    Mike
    Coffee likes this.
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Thanks for the report, aya16...but next time there better be pictures, darn it!! [IMG]

I loves the pictures [IMG]
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I got to ride there for the 24 hr gig once, was fun. Obviously different than what we have here. Liked it. I got pix [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Heck we even night rode it at 2am. Woooohoooo

[IMG]

Then we hit clear creek, loved that place... FUN

[IMG]
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Nice!
    Did you get back into the Los Padres Nat'l Forest trails or was this all down in Hungry Valley?

We used to ride from Hungry Valley into the forest and then to some pizza place (in Frazier Park, I believe) for lunch. That was always fun.
  5. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

That sounds great, PC, you'll have to go with us next time and show us the trail. Do you need a duel sport? Umm pizza and one beer just so the pizza breaks up a little on the way back.

Motosportz, thanks for the pix's, shows the trails pretty good.
    Those trails you have pix's of look pretty much like the trails I rode for years, where Runner and I went I have never been before, very challenging and would be great fun for
    even the expert guys. How about a trail that goes up a steep cliff like rock section, you have to go up (or down) to keep going on the trail? Or a nice little trail that turns into a sand
    trap any golfer would love, and to add to it, the sand starts after a left turn going up hill with long flat rocks burried an inch or so down, turning it into a slick tire spinning climb.
    watch out for the front end washing out:eek:

Woodschick, There's no way a mortal person can do reports like you do, besides dirtdame, I would have to get a photo buff to ride on the back of my bike to even come close
    so next time I'll use my go pro and post a movie:popcorn:

You're not suppose to dump your holding tank out there:lol:
    [IMG]
    Mike
    WoodsChick likes this.
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    [IMG] I was just giving you a hard time [IMG] But yeah, a movie would be cool!
  7. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Love getting ragged on, but dont make me laugh to hard, I brused my rib on the get off, ever land just on a rib????[IMG] first time for me.
    Mike
  8. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    Aya16, thanks for the company at Gorman and ride report. It was a great day, really good riding.

I've posted an invite to all our Husky brethren elsewhere on the site for a March ride at Gorman that includes a camp out and poker run. I'd like to meet up with some of the California Husky riders I've been chatting with.
  9. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Are you sure you want some of these rebels on cafe husky to go????? They might be a little slow on the trails, eat all our food, borrow our gas, drink to much, be a general pain in the a$$.
    Hey that sounds like me, it would be great if they came......Get dirtdame to go, so we can get lots of pix's and woodschick will be happy. Dont tell anyone, but I dont think woodschick
    can read real well, she always ask's for pix's..... dont forget the dog show too, that will be going on. Also its a birthday party for Bolt, the founder of riders. Anyone want to give ole bolt
    a new husky for a BD present, just send it to me, Ill make sure he gets it;)

It might not be a good idea to let these guys here, know im going, If you want them to go.

Ohh heres a link to what I think would be ideal toy hauler I was telling you about. http://www.rvguide.com/specs/forest-river/toy-hauler/2010/flagstaff-mac---ltd/br28tsc/photos.html

http://www.cheyennecampingcenter.com/FSLBR28TSC

Hope lots of husky dudes and dames go, it will be loads of fun, lots of riding, and very friendly.:D
    Mike
  10. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    You remind me of the old Groucho Marx line, "I won't join any club that would have me as a member!"

Thanks for the link about the RVs, the Cheyenne fold-down with the toy hauler area is a novel solution. I could pull it with my wife's SUV, and it would fit into my garage.[IMG]
  11. Rocknroll Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Good vid. you were cooking through some of that stuff.
    The ride Runner posted in march is a, ride what you brung ride, although there will be some husky's. But it should be a great 3 day'er. Lots going on, A poker run, (not put on by the group we are going with)
    but anyone can do it. Even a dog show is going on. I'll be flying husky colors at least one day of it.

Any husky dealers, on cafe husky that want to advertise some, send me your shop jersey, I'll wear it out there for you. PM me if interested.
    Mike
  13. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Just an update on the ride runner posted, it's getting bigger, the Gorman ride, March 18th-19th-20th. Lots going on. Lots of time before we go.
    But Going with the group from the club "riders", like we are, you will need to RSVP to be with our group and be included in the count, as well as the activity's.
    RSVP, is free, and anyone can go to Gorman those days, Riders likes to keep track of all that are with the group.

RSVP is easy, you don't have to join the club, you can do the RSVP as a guest. Just click on the link Runner provided and in the calendar section
    you will see the ride, then click on it and RSVP your info.

It would be great to see some more CH members come out for the fun. As well as you guys get a chance to check out a great riding club, that
    has no real agenda, other than a bunch of dirt riders getting together to ride. Me personally, have joined their club and have been on one ride with
    them, so I'm pretty new. But from what I saw, it's a really neat bunch of riders. The club itself is exactly what they say they are, it's all about riding

Having a bunch of Husky people there would just make it better. Heres the link again....http://ridersonline.org/socal/gorman_031811.htm
    Mike
  14. Rocknroll Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like fun. Thanks for the ride information and hope to see you all there!
    Devin
  15. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    RIDERS events are always a good time (looong time member) ...corva event the same weekend. some of our peeps will do the corva poker run, there will be groups coming and going out of camp all day, so it's real easy to jump in a group that suites your needs. i'll have my te 510 out there. this will be my first ride back after goin over the bars on new year's eve in ocotillo (doin about 70-75mph).i can't wait...see you there Vic
    -Double
  16. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Im thinking about scooting over to the corva camping area sat. to do the poker run. Im not sure what bikes Ill bring, klx300, wxe250, and maybe the kx500.
    Hope to see some of the CH folks there.
    Mike
  17. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah seems all my crashes latley are over the bars, but 70mph, you must be young to heal so fast. Last two crashes for me was over the bars, one landed on a rib, never had that happen before, and a face plant, dirt eating kind. In the old days a get off was slidding along the trail
    on my protection gear, now adays it seems its just a big thud on a part of my body. I must be doing something wrong....
    Glad you are ok.
    Mike
  18. EagleOne Husqvarna
    B Class

I'd like 2 meet up with u guys out there sounds good, But my son's have a soccer tornament the same weekend - So am badly torn....:thinking:
  19. EagleOne Husqvarna
    B Class

We could go the weekend before or after, just let everyone know! :lol:
  20. EagleOne Husqvarna
    B Class

Well FYI am going this afternoon we'll be by the kiddie track flying the "Union Jack". x1 TE510 x1 KTM65 x1 YZ85.

Attached Files: