Got a race in this year!

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Joe Chod, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well after 07 and 08 were out due to the Taliban "pimpin'" my ride, I figured get a 09 310 and get caught up in 09. A spring level 3 shoulder seperation changed that and wasnt til summer I was able to even play ride. Was gonna blow off the whole rest of the year to make sure all well in 2010 but a club had a enduro that was the first memorial ride for a recent club member who had recently passed and proceeds to his family......how can one pass that up? Was no rain for a week but still it is New England.......mud and rocks from baseball sizze to suitcase size. My helmet cam messed up....I should say I did.....thought I had set to video but was set to 1 pic every 5 seconds (boring!)
    I was on row 26....below is a super senior rider who was on row 19 and posted this bit on you tube. Was about 40 out and my EFI ran good but has not been re done since it was like 60 out.....getting a little flame out sometime when going from bareley moving to doing an abrupt trials type move (lofting over log, hopping through rock gardens, popping front end over submerged unkown stuff ) with the sensor out the bike does not change to meet temp/alt so I am thinking it needs to be made richer at level 1 correct?

Well anyhow heres the link the helmet cam start of the forementioned race by a super senior rider who was also in attendence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmXXecSl0_M

Was fun and club raised over 4 k for the family and the Grand Champion gave his trophy to the mans 7 year old son. Also had no riders on minute 1 and a minute of silence. very touching

Joe
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I did get sent a pic someone took of me so all was not lost and you can see the helmet cam too! (under visor) Took good pics but boring as stills. :thumbsdown: And yes...I did wear shoulder pads to prevent a re-injury...but no on goggles and I did have some cigarettes that day too!:doh:

[IMG]
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm still waiting for some wet stuff out here, but some of that goo looked pretty hellacious, especially when mixed with the rocks.

Good job. Quit smoking.:naughty::p
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice.

I was told that the EFI has a pressure sensor and temp sensor and adjusts for temp and altitude regardless of lamba in or not. It does sound like you need to richen it up on the bottom.

there needs to be a simple cost effective solution for the owner / user to adjust the EFI. This would eliminate a lot of issues and people being scared of EFI. Once you use the tuning software you realize how super simple it is to "rejet" your bike. Plug it in, change some numbers unplug it. This should be exploited as a feature and not left in the dark as a unknown.

Stop smoking.
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Everytime I see a pic of riding back East I can't help but think

[IMG]
  6. gixxerw1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Looking good Joe. Which club put that on?
  7. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

joe nice seeing you again,you look very focused in that pic,did jay send that one to you? you finished very well considering the very little time you have had on the bike this year,you should have brought the te310 over to the husky pits we could have made room !
    I got to race joes old 07 wr 144 today and rode with new member crem55 on my 09 TXC250(very soon to be his!) I had already locked up the A-senior class and my O/A for the year couldnt change so I rode with him all day,enjoying the little lightweight bike which was sooo light and easy to ride fast when needed and slow when called on. I did want to help him read the course by front running most of the way,he was fighting for a class championship leading by a point and needed to beat a guy,but on my TXC I new he would be a lock and be much faster everywhere,he was getting mad at me all day as I was pushing him down the cartpaths to go faster,but with the leaves,you couldnt see the rocks and he kept yelling at me "I need to finish,not fall trying to go too fast" . he probably would have been fine without me,but I stayed with him all day and we ended up carding almost the same score,but in the end we had a great day of racing,no one got hurt and he loved the four stroke husky(I knew he would!)we both ended up second in our classes,he missed missed B Hi-point by a couple minutes(burnt check killed us!)but he won the B-light championship crem55 is gonna make a mint on husky bucks next year!!!
    I won A-senior class championship and finished 7th O/A promoting to AA for next year!! and at 40 y/o I may be the oldest NETRA rider to make that the first time around?
    still kicking around what bike to race for next year?? WR125?? TXC250???
  8. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Congrade Fury 1

I spoke to Joe today sounds like you two had A great weekend, fun rideing the light bike isn't it Congradulations makeing AA is a big step you deserve it:thumbsup:
  9. crem55 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good write up Kev. That bike is so nice . We had a great pace all day. The BUTTON is key. I only need to tweek the suspension a little to suit me.
  10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

well shane feel free to call the big guy right above you at WER,drew will get you set-up,he is definetly getting my 2010 husky whatever I choose to ride
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Jay sent me the pic......did not even see him out there (saw him at sign up) talk about focused! Norm calls that the "Fast Freddie" stare!
    At least I can stare like him.never ride like him........must be the water in NJ:excuseme::D

I saw the vidoe of the slop after the start and saw you clip through on minute 3 (you rat!......hoped you enjoyed the leaves because you sure missed the slop!) It looked like stew by my minute 26. I stayed in my pits as I couldn't leave Sponge Bob and also could not bring over the "orange thing" :doh: Big Husky turnout like19 Huskys out of 120 riders.....I remember seeing like 3 huskys with that turnout.
    "We moving on up.........." (Jeffersons music playing in backround)
    If you got a 2010 WR125 and put auto clutch in and had WER do the legs.man......I think thats the ticket.......

Joe

PS Stumpjumper in south NJ had over 100 minutes of 5 per! who says old school timekeeping enduros are going away? BULLY!
  12. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ya I heard the stumpjumper was fast as well!!!
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    368 starters at Stumpjumper. I'm bummed I missed either one. :busted:
  14. braced23 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX300 2012 TE310 2009 450 TXC
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 200XC (son)
    Wow, prior to watching this clip I had all intentions of carrying my Husky with me next year on the annual N. Falmouth trip. Now, I'm doubting it :jawdrop:.
  15. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

16. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

couple of crem55,looks like a natural!

[IMG]

[IMG]